1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    c'mon ppl, I need more arguments....help me out :mrgreen:

oi odell, pa clone ka na lang para dami posts mo :lol:

2. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Karding / Kiper

Glad you liked the post, thank you :D

Karding, you certainly have some valid points there (your post at 12:15 this morning) that can be fleshed out some more. If you can get a better idea of the risks involved, and suggest ways to control/alleviate them, you'll have a more solid defense or position to work from. good luck!

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Karding
    c'mon ppl, I need more arguments....help me out :mrgreen:

oi odell, pa clone ka na lang para dami posts mo :lol:
    kaya ko toh mag isa.. aya ko ng copycat :evil:

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    odell,

kaya mo yan!! konti na lang..1,000 na..!!:twisted:

gulliver,

ur welcome!:D

Karding,

so kelan natin papaclone si odell..un na lang ung turuan natin ng tamang off-roading..!!:mrgreen:

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Cloning.

I dont favor cloning humans. Human parts, ok lang. But not whole humans.....

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pajerokid, I need more supporting statement than that :mrgreen:

gulliver, I specially liked your analogy about playing GOD. 8)

kiper, mukhang di umu-ubra si odell sa Off-roading ah :mrgreen:

Ears = You are in favor of this cloning but what makes you think this is by GOD?
    Clone Humans = not by GOD?
    Double-standard.
    It should be BOTH human parts and human beings that you oppose..if you do.

The question of "How should we call a HUMAN CLONE" is just as simple as calling them HUMANS. Maybe the process can be called HUMAN CLONE but as soon as the baby comes out, we can call them HUMAN. Afterall, birth is a miracle made by GOD (according to CATHOLICS) so we all know that, it is GOD's WILL to make this happen. Thus, the argument of RELIGIOUS beliefs fades away...

7. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    The thing is we will never know how far human cloning could possibly go. I read in an article that even if we were able to clone a human being. The replica would still not be the same person as the original one because the replica will not have the same experiences as the original one. It is said that as we form our memories, and experiences our brains create new connections(synapses?). If a person were to be cloned the replica will need to experience in every detail everything that the original person experienced for them to be the same. It also said that a human brain is almost impossible to clone(don't ask me) (also forgot what article this is)

BUT..... we don't know maybe in the future this problem could be overcome like in the movie 6th day. Remember the two arnolds?? (stupid movie)

I am PRO-cloning because of its implications in medical and scientific research. But if the above paragraph is the case (where when you clone a human, you get a totally different person). Then that means that human cloning will only be done when there is a need for different organs for transplant or stem cells or whatever tissues that will be needed by the original. So if you need a new liver, lets just make a new liver. Cloning, then, will not be done to transfer the "memories" of one person into another. There will also be no need to clone a complete human, just the parts, or organs.

BUT... what if there are organs or cells that could not be created without cloning the entire human. Then this will look like that the clone is just a "thing" to be harvested for its components.

this is a totally different person from the original one.
    would you call the clone a person given that it matured without any memories.

theres a lot in my mind... I hope I said the words in a way that makes sense to the tsikoters

8. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Quote Originally Posted by mrholyman
    BUT... what if there are organs or cells that could not be created without cloning the entire human. Then this will look like that the clone is just a "thing" to be harvested for its components.

this is a totally different person from the original one.
    would you call the clone a person given that it matured without any memories.

this probably sums up what bothers you about the issue. can't deny that this example you gave bothers me too.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2010

pro po ako sa cloning kasi po we are in environment so we must accept the developments of technologies...

10. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by gulliver View Post
    this probably sums up what bothers you about the issue. can't deny that this example you gave bothers me too.

I believe the cloning the certain parts only of a biological creature was already here or there is a research on it already. I believe its called stem cell research/cloning. I think.. hehhehe.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Human Cloning Issues