New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    I lost 13 lbs. in a week. but i do not suggest this route. i had to take out all of my wisdom tooth out (4 of them). since i lost the weight and wanted to stay light. i had to change my diet dramatically. diet sodas do not work at all. they just keep you retain water with all of the sodium in it. i just drink a lot of water and eat a lot of fibre. so far so good. also eating dinner not later the 6 pm helps a lot. and also do not skip breakfast.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    i think the first step in wieght loss is to set realistic attainable goals

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i tried losing 10 pounds in a week before, pero nahihilo na ako ng last two days. so i don't advise it if you are always on the go or if you drive regularly.

what i did is:

a) no carbs (no rice, no bread, no pasta). puro steamed fish lang kinakain ko and tuna.
    b) ran a lot the first four days (sa umaga). pero nung last three days hindi ko na kaya.
    c) weights sa gabi.
    d) took hydroxycut.

effect, i lost nga 10 pounds in a week, pero elevated ang BP ko after a week. may palpitations pa and mataas ang pulse rate. migraines have also been triggered. tapos nanlalata pa.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Argh...

WEIGHT and FAT are two different things... Losing 10lbs is really, really easy as bulk of your weight is water. Dehydrate yourself and lose muscle mass is quite easy to do, not sure if you want to take that route as it could kill your organs long term.

2-5lbs a month of weight loss is usually the average, while the initial 1-3 months may yield you more significant losses due to "newbie" gains/losses since your body is being shocked to do something new (new diet, new exerted efforts, etc.) before it plateaus afterwards.

Crash diet/exercise/starvation may work short term, but I can guarantee you you'll gain twice as much or more weight on the rebound.

I hope people won't encourage such unscientific approaches to weight loss.

Like what the other folks here have mentioned, set reasonable goals, study the facts, and remember what DIET means, it's your choice of food intake on a regular basis, not a one-time/one-phase thing.

Even if you eat fried chicken and ice cream 4x a day that's still called a diet... So shift your paradigm to Eating Habit instead of Diet = starvation.
    Last edited by theveed; October 2nd, 2007 at 11:33 AM.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Maybe you want to lose weight - not loose it.

:eat:[SIZE="1"]3241[/SIZE]

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hehe, didn't see that...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    starvation doesn't work... at least not how u intend it to. you'll lose weight but will be unhealthy... take a look at spinning. my wife convinced me to join her and i lost 5lbs of fat in a month from an hour daily of spinning + monitoring my diet...sad to say, i haven't seen the inside of a gym in 5mos due to work and i'm probably back to my old unhealthy self

8. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Play badminton. It's a good way to lose weight. 10 lbs. in 1 week? You need to play everyday.

:beer: [SIZE="1"]3245[/SIZE]

9. Join Date
    May 2004
    Kaya yan bro. If you are lactose intolerance, like me, just drink fresh milk daily and/or eat lots of cheeze. hehe.
    Seriously, start working out basta wag mo sabayan ng kain pag napagod ka kasi lalo kang lalki.

Good luck!

10. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    ang daling magpataba ang problema ang tagal magpapayat o kayay di na kayanan papayat....

iwas sa mga high cholesterol foods na lang, then set-up will do every morning to loose that tummy if thats the problem.....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
how to loose 10lbs in 1 week