New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    HIV cases soar among Filipino yuppies, call center workers
    link

MANILA, Philippines - The Philippine General Hospital on Wednesday said the number of Filipinos infected with HIV rose dramatically in the past 10 months and now includes young urban professionals such as call center agents.

Doctors at the PGH Infectious Disease Treatment Complex said the number of human immuno-deficiency virus (HIV) cases in the hospital rose to 100 in the past 10 months.

Records from the Department of Health showed that the number of HIV cases rose to 709 last year, compared to 528 in 2008.

Dr. Edsel Savana of the PGH Infectious Disease Treatment Complex said 80 HIV cases were recorded for November alone.

"The spread of AIDS in the country is already an epidemic. We should be on the lookout because AIDS spreads fast," he said.

Savana said most of those who contract HIV are *** workers, gays and drug addicts.

Dr. Katerina Leyritana, however, said hospitals have also recorded HIV cases among young urban professionals such as call center agents.

She said majority of the recent HIV cases tend to be younger, mostly from ages 15-29, who are well educated.

Some of those infected said they got the illness after engaging in casual or group ***, which they discovered through social networking sites on the Internet.

"There are a lot of sites right now that can organize orgies quickly. A lot of young people believe in casual ***," she said.

If current trends hold, the health department said HIV patients in the country could balloon to 20,000 cases by 2020.

The PGH said it will conduct a massive information drive to warn people about the possible dangers of unsafe ***. With a report from Jay Ruiz, ABS-CBN News.
    Some of those infected said they got the illness after engaging in casual or group ***, which they discovered through social networking sites on the Internet.
    "There are a lot of sites right now that can organize orgies quickly. A lot of young people believe in casual ***," she said.

lang hiya... uso na ba talaga yang orgies and group *** dito sa atin? lol!

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    What is happening to the world? We are becoming a modern Sodom and Gomorrah! Next thing you know, anal *** will be considered normal. I read somewhere that the chances of contracting HIV are greater with anal ***.

I thought HIV was prevalent among the gay community but that doesn't seem to be the case anymore.

RE call centers: In my old job, our office was in the same building as a call center. We used to go to their cafeteria/restaurant which also has a sleeping area with curtains for privacy. After some time we noticed that the sleeping area wasn't there anymore, turned out that a couple was caught there being intimate with each other. hehe.
    Last edited by _Cathy_; January 28th, 2010 at 11:31 AM.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    haha

that's expected

people are really wild na

whatever you see in ****, real people are doing it

name it... threesome, orgy, anal...

real people are doing it

kaya protection lagi

people would say to me "sa prosti ka lang dapat mag condom"

haha

nope

mas wild pa nga ang mga hindi prosti

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Kinda expected. Young horny people cooped up in a place all day?

And it doesn't take a sleeping area to do some "nookie".

So the important question goes ... how do we get our names into these organized orgies?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    I thought HIV was prevalent among the gay community but that doesn't seem to be the case anymore.
    Actually, HIV was first detected in the gay communities but not it was not strictly limited to those communities.

Anyone that is ***ual active & have multiple partners can get infected, gay or otherwise.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    mas wild pa nga ang mga hindi prosti
    true.... so true.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Actually the rise in detection of HIV among call center workers is
    because they generally have medical insurance or HMO. If you conduct
    a honest to goodness census of HIV positive individuals in the philippines
    then cases will be so much higher.

Let us wait till the philippine blood center program gets online and
    HIV detection will go even higher.

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    Possible din na madaming pinoy ngayon na hindi aware na HIV Positive sila.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    yes madami hindi alam HIV+ sila

wala pa symptoms eh

usually those who undergo HIV testing are those whose work requires them to get tested

iilan lang ang tao na willing magpa-HIV test just for the heck of it

10. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    It's not immediately detectable, is it? I have a friend who became promiscuous and she took an HIV test which turned out to be negative. I think she has to be tested every year for 3 years. I had to make the calls which was quite embarrassing for me. hehe. Not all hospitals offer HIV testing.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
HIV cases soar among Filipino yuppies, call center workers