New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 147 123451151101 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I just found out today that my BP is high!!! 130/90. My usual BP is 110/70 or 120/80.

I knew something was wrong because this week I climbed 5 flights of stairs and I was already out of breath. I am only in my mid 30s and I am feeling depressed that this is happening to me.

How will I exercise now that my BP is elevated?!? My cardio (2 yrs ago) already gave me anti cholesterol because I am borderline (and family history)

I have been eating junk for the past seven months (worst for the 2 past months - Mon to Fri for dinner we alternate KFC Chicken, Jollibee Chicken and S&R chicken). I already told my BFF that our lifestyle is not good, but lately I am forced to have fast food dinner because my BFF wants her dinner costs to be low and now my health is suffering I knew I would gain weight from this but I am surprised that my BP will suffer in a matter of months.

How can I normalize my BP NATURALLY? The doctor asked me if I am stressed, which is true, everyday I worry about my family because they are all seniors, I am basically living in fear daily. I don't know if that is taking a toll on my body as well. Also this week I have been stressed at work and I have been dreaming about my presentation to management.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Kind of in the same boat here mam...

There's no way around it: when you reach a certain age, you have to force yourself to exercise and eat smarter.

As for your friend, why don't you invite him/her to go on diet with you? Baon na lang ng tuna sandwich, salad, etc then kain na lang sa office. Tipid pa.

Sa office dati, i see guys eating full meals from KFC, Jollibee, etc, at around 10/11pm. Pag di ka kasi kumain sa tamang oras, you tend to eat more, and eat very fast. You don't need to be a doctor to know that's not good.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    tamang diet sa pagkain.at sabayan ng regular na exercise..kumain ng mga gulay,isda,at iwasan ang mga mamantikang pagkain.

P.S

regular na ***ercise.mas malakas maka burn ng calories

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jaypee10 View Post
    tamang diet sa pagkain.at sabayan ng regular na exercise..kumain ng mga gulay,isda,at iwasan ang mga mamantikang pagkain.

P.S

regular na ***ercise.mas malakas maka burn ng calories
    Parang narinig ko na to sa tv commercial.

First thing I did was stopped the coffee addiction and plenty of water intake. Bumaba kaagad BP ko to 110/70.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    10 years ago my bp was, 200/100, i did a few tricks to fo a 180, now im maintainance free, my bp now low...90/60 low

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by MR_BIG18 View Post
    10 years ago my bp was, 200/100, i did a few tricks to fo a 180, now im maintainance free, my bp now low...90/60 low
    Did you exercise when you were 200/100. I am so desperate and scared at the same time. I am too young to be hypertensive. But my Mom told me my Dad had hypertension in his mid 30s also and then had heart problems na by the time he is in his 40s

7. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamur View Post
    Parang narinig ko na to sa tv commercial.

First thing I did was stopped the coffee addiction and plenty of water intake. Bumaba kaagad BP ko to 110/70.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

My cousin said something similar regarding 3-in-1 coffee; nakakataas daw ng either BP or cholesterol.

Yung mga madaming cream, cholesterol bomb as well. This includes the "coffee" they serve in Starbucks etc.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    In the same boat 130-40/90. You can still exercise. Its actually recommended. I actually feel better when I sweat and do cardio like hiking and biking. No way around it, but to lose weight and control your diet. Unfortunately once you start meds (especially when you experince headaches and pain at the back of your head, yung puputok ang batok, your doctor will prescribe it), you can't stop. I take 5mg amlodipine everyday now. There are side effects though but rare. In my case I get palpitations when I take coffee or caffeinated drinks.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    Did you exercise when you were 200/100. I am so desperate and scared at the same time. I am too young to be hypertensive. But my Mom told me my Dad had hypertension in his mid 30s also and then had heart problems na by the time he is in his 40s
    Yes, 130/90 is no biggie, did the doctor gave you maintainance? Iisten to him muna, but you need to to educate yourself, its a total change of lifestyle, heres a list that did that might help

1. Detox..salads ka muna ng 3 days, it will remove undigested food in the gut, intestines and stomach
    2. Take probiotics, if youre taking medicine, chances are, the bacteria that helps digestion is out of wack, if you cant digest properly, the more you crave the bad stuff
    3. Iwas ka sa canola oil, corn oil, basta vegtable oils, for cooking, use butter or coconut oil, yung coconut oil has mct, its absorbed by the body agad and used agad for energy
    4. Iwas ka fast food, kasi they use oils on number 3. If no choice, what i do is just order a whole chicken at savory or at kenny rogers, basta roasted

5. Count your calories, if you cant count them, you cant manage them

6. Garlic does help...i used to chew them constantly the whole day

7. Remove the sweets in your diet, not totaly, around 10% of your total daily cal, safe kana dun
    , like what i told you before, its really the sugar and the trans fats that the problem, if its the fat alone, eh di wala nang mga inuit indians, their diet solely consist of blubber,seal and whale meat. No heart disease.

Di ko sinama exercise, pero they have a saying, you cannot out rep or out exercise a bad diet..

10. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Yatta View Post
    In the same boat 130-40/90. You can still exercise. Its actually recommended. I actually feel better when I sweat and do cardio like hiking and biking. No way around it, but to lose weight and control your diet. Unfortunately once you start meds (especially when you experince headaches and pain at the back of your head, yung puputok ang batok, your doctor will prescribe it), you can't stop. I take 5mg amlodipine everyday now. There are side effects though but rare. In my case I get palpitations when I take coffee or caffeinated drinks.
    Im meds free now, my doctor pull them all out, ang baba daw ng bp ko na kasi.

Page 1 of 147 123451151101 ... LastLast