New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    salamat po sir. noted na po and will start as soon as the sem is over for that you get a :pirate2:'s thumbs up and cookie!
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Obviously mahal na hobby yan hahahaha

Once you have the tools and major equipment (airbrush, air compressor, set of brushes) and learn how to take care of it, though, it's only the paints, putty and other supplies you'll have to spend on...at least that's what modeler buddies used to tell me. Hanggang safety goggles, hobby knife, pin vise (a very small drill with an assortment of drill bits) at sandpaper lang ang inabot ko though. No "workshop" space in my house to paint in, sadly.

Suggest na rin ako, kung magpipintura kayo bumili kayo ng gas mask for paint applications. Better if they come with replaceable filter cartridges. Meron nyan sa mga hardware stores. Masama sa baga natin ang paint, especially PYLOX spray lacquer.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    I also forgot to mention: if you'll be painting invest in good-quality masking tape.

Modelers I know swear by Tamiya masking tape. It's much thicker than the normal stuff you buy in National, so there's less chance of paint seeping into the lower layers. Mahal nga lang...pero kung gusto mo pulido yung pagkaka-paint ng kit mo...

4. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    If you're looking to join a Philippine modeller community, www.mechapinoy.net is a good start. They hold annual exhibits at SM Megamall.

I also frequent Hobby Link Japan (www.hlj.com) for any new Gunpla releases. Sayang, some of the other sites I used to browse, such as Newtype Asylum and The Gundam Project, have already shut down long ago.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    afaik, medyo magulo ung storyline ng gundam; every release parang iba ung story e. i event caught one series wherein gundams where competing in some athletic/robotic event -- kind of a big departure from the intergalactic conflicts that the other series are based on.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    afaik, medyo magulo ung storyline ng gundam; every release parang iba ung story e. i event caught one series wherein gundams where competing in some athletic/robotic event -- kind of a big departure from the intergalactic conflicts that the other series are based on.
    What you saw was most probably Kidou Butoden G Gundam, developed in 1994. It was the first non-humorous Gundam series set away from the traditional Universal Century (UC) timeline, and set the precedent for other successful Alternate Universe series such as Gundam Wing and Gundam SEED. Although it didn't receive high ratings in Japan, the sales of G Gundam model kits were strong enough for Bandai to declare the show a success.

G Gundam wasn't a total departure from the original Mobile Suit Gundam, since it maintained certain elements traditionally associated with the latter such as space colonies, the preservation of Earth and of course, the use of Gundams. Medyo radical lang yung naging interpretation (international fighting tournament) since Sunrise Inc. needed something new back then for Gundam's 15th anniversary.
    Last edited by Bogeyman; March 10th, 2008 at 12:00 PM.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    Bro, if you want continuity in Gundam, I suggest you watch the TV series, movies and OVAs set in the Universal Century (UC). The UC Gundam series are very well integrated with each other for the most part, and cover a pretty long time period from the year UC 0079 to UC 0153. The bulk of Gundam literature centers around this particular universe, with the best-established sci-fi "physics" compared to the other so-called "alternate universe" (AU) series such as G-Gundam, Wing and SEED.

Here's a basic chronological timeline of all the UC stuff I know so far.

UC 0079
    MS IGLOO
    Mobile Suit Gundam
    Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th MS Team - OVA x12
    Mobile Suit Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket - OVA x6

UC 0083
    Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory - OVA x13

UC 0087-0088
    Mobile Suit Z (Zeta) Gundam
    Gundam Sentinel (photonovel)
    Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ (Double Zeta)

UC 0093
    Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Counterattack - cinematic movie

UC 0096
    Mobile Suit Unicorn Gundam (novel)

UC 0123
    Mobile Suit Gundam F91 - TV series compressed into movie
    UC 0133?
    Mobile Suit Crossbone Gundam (manga)

UC 0153
    Mobile Suit V (Victory) Gundam

8. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    And remember, in case of discrepancies between the anime and the manga/novel versions of a particular series, the former is generally considered as canon.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Im one of the Gundam fanatics, loved the story of gundam seed & gundam seed destiny. Well just sharing some of my collections below.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Im one of the Gundam fanatics, loved the story of gundam seed & gundam seed destiny. Well just sharing some of my collections below.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
GUNDAM