New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    How road worthy yung dahon bikes? Ang ganda eh.

Ok ba ito bilhin ko ang purpose is pupunta sa gym. From stamesa to greenhills.

Or bili na lang mountain bike? Mas type ko racer bike kaso ang mahal.....30thou cheapest na quality na. Gulat ako meron pa pala 300-500thou. Ano yun tour de france.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    If you buy a foldable, buy the ones with the bigger (20" ata) wheels. The smaller wheeled ones are a pain to keep straight.

Best is a mountain-bike or racer... but the MB can take more punishment, especially given our crappy roads. Kahit 10-15k lang, okay na yun. Di ka pa naman hardcore.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    And then, kung ayaw mo ng bike carrier,- get yourself a Jazz....

I remember when I was having our Jazz serviced,- I have a bike at the back... Iiwanan ko ang kotse sa Honda, at magba-bike ako pauwi.... And then, babalikan ko na lang (riding a bike again) later....

13.3K:springsmile:

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    If you buy a foldable, buy the ones with the bigger (20" ata) wheels. The smaller wheeled ones are a pain to keep straight.

Best is a mountain-bike or racer... but the MB can take more punishment, especially given our crappy roads. Kahit 10-15k lang, okay na yun. Di ka pa naman hardcore.
    Ok sa cartimar diba? If hindi na me puwede mag BB, yan na lang.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

5. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    *niky
    Salamat sa recommendation

So ang issue sa foldable bike eh pag maliit gulong hirap icontrol. How about pag nafold hindi ba madali maputol....or other serious problem while biking?(baka kasi biglang kumalas eh)

*cvt
    Ah bike carrirer yung kinakabit sa tutuk/likod ng kotse?

Nagagandahan talaga ako sa jazz kasi pwede ihiga yung seat. Tapos kasya yung bike sa loob. Pero wala pa plano bumili ng kotse.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The joints are durable enough, as long as you're getting a good bike. The metal in the joints is thicker than the actual tubes of the bike.

For the same money as a good foldable, you can get a mountain bike that you will enjoy even more. Faster, more agile, more comfortable. I'd only get a foldable as emergency equipment for my car.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    try the folding bike you are interested. i used to have a 20" (downtube full suspension, about 29lbs) folding bike, but went for a little smaller 16" 22lbs for weight and more compact folded size (dahon curve sl). yes it is not as steady as a regular bike, but youll get the hang of it and will be stable soon enough. i have mine loaded in the back of my ride almost all the time.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I really don't like the 16", but yeah, you get used to it. The thing is, you'll get used to the balance of the 20" much more easily.

Astig mga foldable ngayon... they have gearing na rin... some even have CVTs.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Papaisip ako kung foldable. Cheaper ba dito bumili ng dahon or america? For my price range i like the S1, Eco 2, Eco 3.....

Sa mountain bike ang sabi cheapest brand na quality yung vision daw, ok ba ito?

Tapos dito malapit sa bahay namin may warehouse ng mga bike. Brand is xtreme nitecore. Familiar kayo dito? Wala pa 10thou price.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    magkano mga dahon sa atin? my curve sl was last years model when i bought it for $700, normally $1K. i picked this due to weight and the internal gearing hub. the dahon eco starts at around $350 here.

p.s. we have a collector from malabon who also sells folding bikes. im also interested in maybe bring a unique one here. ill try to search any contact number or email on bikeforum.

Foldable Bikes