New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Availed the free flu vaccine sa office. Once, nagkasakit ako after a week. Di ko na inulit for a few years. Last year l, i availed it again, and di ako nagkasakit after a week pero nilagnat naman ako at halos 40 degrees ang temp ko after a few months (first time it happened since i started working).

I guess i will just skip the flu vaccine na lang this year.

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Syuryuken View Post
    2X lang yata akong nakatikim ng vaccine during elementary days pa yun hanggang ngayon hindi naman ako sakitin.
    "herd immunity."

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Ako almost every year may flu shot kasi libre naman

I've had hepa b vaccine shots this year and it's a bit painful. Gumuguhit sya hehe

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    Just because you do not believe in it does not mean it is b.s. already or pointless.

That is just being arrogant and pretentious. Afterall, prevention is better than cure. If you can afford it, why not. But that does not mean those who availed of vaccinations are gullible. Some of them are really intelligent people and some are doctors as well.

Kanya-kanyang decision lang yan. To each his own. No need for inflammatory words. Kaya minsan umiinit board eh.

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk
    According to popsci, it's only 10% effective. Research shows that getting the flu shots annually have a higher risk of getting infected with new strains of the flu. According to CDC, it admits last year’s flu shot was one of the most ineffective vaccines to date. It's really a controversial vaccine.

Ref:
    https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/serial...hers-1.3147903
    CDC admits last year’s flu shot was one of the most ineffective vaccines to date

---

So, how are we going to process this information? Ignore it and proceed with the vaccination regardless? Haven't we learned anything from the Dengvaxia controversy? Just remember, intelligent people and doctors were the ones who administered the vaccine. Look at what happened. Aren't anyone so peeved at this?

If one chose to be ignorant with this, sure. It's perfectly fine. Get the flu shot, knock yourself out, even if you're perfectly healthy. I mean, to each his own and your own decision alone and nobody else.

But, it's simply not for me or will encourage anyone to take the injection, if there's really nothing wrong with you. I'm not a high risk taker nor a gambler. I would rather be safe and skeptical rather than take something without having informed myself well enough to know the risks involved.

Besides, last time I checked, I don't remember looking like a Guinea pig. Lmao!

5. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    So pag nagpa vaccine guinea pig na agad. Nice logic.

Again I am not forcing anyone to take the flu vaccine. But our experiences are never the same.

With your line of thinking, no vaccine will be good enough. Hindi pala dumadaan sa trials mga yan. Consumers pala ang experiments. Wow. Nagka-FDA pa kung ganun.

Yung links mo medyo outdated tsak hindi naman popsci as you mentioned.

Ito ata gusto mo ipost. Yan kasi from posci website mismo. Mas bago-bago pa. Lmao!

Should I get a flu shot? Is it too late to get a flu shot? | Popular Science

Don't be selective in making quotes to fit your argument. Sinabi sa post na yan na if vaccines are 10% effective, it does not mean it is 90% useless. Andyan din herd immunity. Nakakatulong ang may vacccine na tao to improve such a thing. But yes, I guess free riding is a calculated risk. Trangkaso lang naman nga eh. It is anyone's choice.

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Ry_Tower; March 22nd, 2018 at 12:14 AM.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Mag trabaho ka ng Africa at Papua New Guinea tadtad ka sa vaccine. Pwedeng bang hindi, no way!

Sent from my VTR-L29 using Tapatalk

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
Flu vaccine: is it necessary?