New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    for me, it's a necessity... I don't like to take chances....
    as for the cost, pwede mo naman sigurong pakiusapan ang pedia (hulugan? meron bang ganon?)... and mind you, umpisa palang iyan...

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    i dont think these vaccines are necessary, dapat talaga magkasakit mga babies nyo para tumibay ang katawan.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    or course it's necessary. grabe mga virus ngayon. i don't care kahit gano pa kamahal yan. basta para sa baby ko no questions ask...

4. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    yes, of course our child's health is a top priority and even us parents. i forgot to mention i have 2older kids and they have just completed their vaccines from bcg,hepa A&b, hib, dpt, polio, hib,mmr, varicella,pneumococcal,men c, flu and the boosters. ngayon lang namin naramdaman yong bigat ng cost kasi medyo gipit kami ganun pala pag nauubusan ka ng pera hehehe lahat nararamdaman ng bulsa.

anyway, sir bigbundle and the rest, meron po ba kayong kakilalang med rep na pwede kong lapitan or other sources? i already inquired from other pediatricians pero ganun din price nila for the same brand rotarix, prevenor & infantrix.tnx.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue View Post
    i dont think these vaccines are necessary, dapat talaga magkasakit mga babies nyo para tumibay ang katawan.
    Actually, vaccines work using the same principle.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    just think about this na lang...

spend more now in preventing the disease.

but spend much more when your child is already suffering the disease. coupled with the fact that your kid will also suffer, nakakaawa.

isang taon lang naman yang mga ganyang vaccinations eh.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Mahal yung vaccine because you are buying the whole bottle kahit hindi mo naman mauubos ang laman.

If you want to lower costs, try having the vaccines at government institutions or service-type hospitals (e.g. UST Clinical Division OPD). Hati-hati kayo ng patients sa cost. Yun nga lang, there are specific days for each vaccine unlike in your private pedia where you can just come in anytime and they'll open one up for you.

The government has a prescribed immunization schedule called the EPI (Expanded Program of Immunization). You should at least give your baby what is in the EPI. Unfortunately for vaccines not within the EPI, don't count on government subsidized vaccines, you really have to pay up.

dont think these vaccines are necessary, dapat talaga magkasakit mga babies
    The problem with this is most of the diseases being prevented by vaccines are life-threatening and can be permanently debilitating. Just visit the pedia ward at UST-CD to see what the effects of not giving vaccines are. Buti sana kung polio lang tapos hindi nakalakad but some of the patients have literally turned into vegetables na naghihintay na lang ng oras nila.

And as earlier posted, vaccines actually work by making your child 'sick'. However, vaccines use attenuated or killed versions of the virus so there will be no clinical picture of your child actually being sick. But since the child is already exposed to the disease via the vaccine, he/she can build an immunity to it. And when the real disease actually attacks, the child's defenses are ready.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Mahal yung vaccine because you are buying the whole bottle kahit hindi mo naman mauubos ang laman.

If you want to lower costs, try having the vaccines at government institutions or service-type hospitals (e.g. UST Clinical Division OPD). Hati-hati kayo ng patients sa cost. Yun nga lang, there are specific days for each vaccine unlike in your private pedia where you can just come in anytime and they'll open one up for you.

The government has a prescribed immunization schedule called the EPI (Expanded Program of Immunization). You should at least give your baby what is in the EPI. Unfortunately for vaccines not within the EPI, don't count on government subsidized vaccines, you really have to pay up.

The problem with this is most of the diseases being prevented by vaccines are life-threatening and can be permanently debilitating. Just visit the pedia ward at UST-CD to see what the effects of not giving vaccines are. Buti sana kung polio lang tapos hindi nakalakad but some of the patients have literally turned into vegetables na naghihintay na lang ng oras nila.

And as earlier posted, vaccines actually work by making your child 'sick'. However, vaccines use attenuated or killed versions of the virus so there will be no clinical picture of your child actually being sick. But since the child is already exposed to the disease via the vaccine, he/she can build an immunity to it. And when the real disease actually attacks, the child's defenses are ready.
    Very well said.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    the doc speaks!

10. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post

I agree. Or if you have friends who owns a drugstore or works for a drug company maybe you can get vaccines from them at a lower cost. Catch lang nito is you have to refrigerate or keep the vaccine at a certain temp para hindi masira.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Expensive Vaccines:are they necessary for our babies?