New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    John Amaechi is the first NBA player that admitted that he is gay.

Amaechi, the 6’10", 270-pound former Penn State center and five-year NBA veteran, announced February 7 that he is gay. He will appear on the ESPN program "Outside the Lines" to discuss the secret life he reveals in his book "Man in the Middle", which will be released in the US on February 20.

The British center played for the Cleveland Cavaliers in the 1995-1996 season, then spent some time in Europe before returning to the league via the Orlando Magic from 1999 to 2001. He was later traded to the Utah Jazz. Ironically, it was in Salt Lake City, one of the more conservative communities in the NBA, where he started to come out, frequenting gay clubs and becoming more expressive.

Amaechi, who averaged 6.2 points and 2.6 rebounds a game before retiring from the NBA in January of 2004, also has some minor achievements of note to his credit. He was one of only seven undrafted NBA players to start a game in the 1999-2000 season, was voted to the NBA All-Interview team that year, and was tied for sixth in the voting for Most Improved Player that same campaign. On January 2, 2000, he became the first player to score a basket in Miami’s American Airlines Arena, the league’s first basket of the new millennium.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    In this day and age,- this is not anymore surprising....

1801:fuzzy:

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    I dont care.

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    my link na ito sa NBA thread natin ...

pero di na big deal ito ngayon ..kahit madami pa lumantad ngayon

balita ko mayroon pa din daw mga active player na closet queen

nahihiya pa lumabas

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    dami dyan sa house of congress and showbiz....bakla talaga ayaw lumabas.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    wahahahaha can't imagine if shaq's gay!!!!! I hope he's not hehehehe

Ex NBA player admitted he is GAY