New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 32 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Deestone View Post
    Is it true that instead of eating white rice, eat brown rice instead because it has less sugar?

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk
    More fiber kasi ang brown compared sa white rice. This helps a lot on the glucose metabolism according to what I have been reading. [emoji1362]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Is it true that instead of eating white rice, eat brown rice instead because it has less sugar?

if you're pre-diabetic or close to diabetic or far from it(hopefully), study GI and Insulin Index.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by misseksaherada View Post
    Nama-manage naman ng mama ko sugar level nya kahit naka-white rice lang kami.. Ma-fiber lang ang brown, mabilis nakakabusog tapos walang lasa.. Kaya kakaunti lang makakain mo.. Pero kung kakain ka din madami na-negate mo na yung purpose nung less sugar..
    It will help if I get full easily eating brown rice. We have to change our rice from white to brown from now on as my family has history of diabetes and I cannot avoid it.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i am not sure.
    googling,
    while brown rice appears to have less sugar than white rice,
    they both contain just about the same amount of carbohydrates. when carbs are digested, they turn to... sugar.
    but if one is a believer in the "every little bit counts",...
    but certainly, brown rice does have more nutrients than plain white rice.

our favorite endocrinologist would have said, "ano na naman ang binasa ninyo para mag-bigay katuwiran ang pag-lamon ninyo!"
    decreasing the rice intake is probably more effective...
    heh heh.
    Instead of eating 1 cup of rice im now eating half rice and I just need discipline and train my body to eat lesser rice.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Instead of eating 1 cup of rice im now eating half rice and I just need discipline and train my body to eat lesser rice.

Yes even mag brown rice kana but you still a lot of it, your blood sugar will rise eventually.

“Moderation” is [emoji360]

6. Join Date
    Jul 2013

Might as well go keto. 50g carb per day. 1 week lang naman iinit ulo mo hehehe

7. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Lin Dan View Post
    Yes even mag brown rice kana but you still a lot of it, your blood sugar will rise eventually.

“Moderation” is [emoji360]

Yes I have to train mo body or stomach to just eat moderately no more cheat day.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Lew_Alcindor View Post
    Might as well go keto. 50g carb per day. 1 week lang naman iinit ulo mo hehehe
    agree. you might want to try the low carb, higher protein/fat way of eating and stopping all the sugar intake. sabayan ng ehersisyo and after few weeks, update us here[emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by monty_GTV; June 30th, 2020 at 01:26 PM.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Hoping to share my experience with diabetes.

i have been a pre-diabetic (type II) for almost 2 decades. i was only prescribed lifestyle change which i did and my experience for almost 20 years living with this disease is that Exercise preferably Cardio type is one that has kept my levels in line more than food intake. i exercise 3-4x a week after work. i am not as restrictive on my diet like other pre diabetics that i know of. i still drink fruit juices/regular sodas/milk tea/candies/bubble gums/desserts like cake, etc. thou my intake on these types of food has reduced already or i switch to a non sugary alternative(diet soda/nutrisweet in coffee)
    i go to buffets, binge eating at partys, drinking beer or whiskey occasionally. But when i do all that i make sure i supplement my exercise with a diabetic drug (metformin) and try to exercise more.
    a balance of food intake and exercise. a type of abnormal healthy lifestyle. hahaha
    Exercise is really the key for type II diabetic in my experience.

This is before covid lockdown thou.
    Since lockdown, the reduced exercise had increased my drug intake but has mainly kept my sugar levels in the upper range of the fbs test range.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by ale828 View Post
    Hoping to share my experience with diabetes.

i have been a pre-diabetic (type II) for almost 2 decades. i was only prescribed lifestyle change which i did and my experience for almost 20 years living with this disease is that Exercise preferably Cardio type is one that has kept my levels in line more than food intake. i exercise 3-4x a week after work. i am not as restrictive on my diet like other pre diabetics that i know of. i still drink fruit juices/regular sodas/milk tea/candies/bubble gums/desserts like cake, etc. thou my intake on these types of food has reduced already or i switch to a non sugary alternative(diet soda/nutrisweet in coffee)
    i go to buffets, binge eating at partys, drinking beer or whiskey occasionally. But when i do all that i make sure i supplement my exercise with a diabetic drug (metformin) and try to exercise more.
    a balance of food intake and exercise. a type of abnormal healthy lifestyle. hahaha
    Exercise is really the key for type II diabetic in my experience.

This is before covid lockdown thou.
    Since lockdown, the reduced exercise had increased my drug intake but has mainly kept my sugar levels in the upper range of the fbs test range.
    Same here though I prefer not to take meds. Just moringa, ampalaya and banaba supplements. Keeps my blood sugar from breaching 110. So far effective sa body system ko. [emoji108]