New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Implants cost about 100T-120T per tooth? ... the TS spent 330T already? ...
    the location and quality of the dental clinic, and the diploma hanging on its wall, have a significant effect on the total price package.
    it's akin to having an appendectomy in pgh charity ward by the third year resident, versus the same procedure in global's presidential suite by the department chair.
    Last edited by dr. d; May 4th, 2018 at 09:27 AM.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by kagalingan View Post
    So cathy girl, meron ka na root canal? Ilan?

Nakausap ko secretary doc chavvez. She is against root canal but do implants. .
    i have 7 root canals.
    and i'm still alive, and not in danger of death by poisoning.

does not do root canal, but does implants...
    most strange.
    is it possible... it's the money??!!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    mabuti na ngalang at sa edad kong 38 eh isa palang ang nabawas sa ngipin ko.at isa ay root canal.may 7 years na yata ung root canal ko awa ng dios okey pa naman.pero ayaw na talaga matanggal ng pangingilo..

4. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Implants cost about 100T-120T per tooth? ... the TS spent 330T already? ...
    Hindi na ata ganyan ang cost. Mga a few years ago ganyan pero as usual, bumaba na din (pero mahal pa din)

5. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i have 7 root canals.
    and i'm still alive, and not in danger of death by poisoning.

does not do root canal, but does implants...
    most strange.
    is it possible... it's the money??!!

doc dami mo pala root canal. Nakakagulat yan ah.

ang issue sa root canal is not poisoning.

ito dok ah. In a year ilan lang mag-aavail ng implants? But with root canal that is the lifeblood of a dentist.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by kagalingan View Post
    doc dami mo pala root canal. Nakakagulat yan ah.

ang issue sa root canal is not poisoning.

ito dok ah. In a year ilan lang mag-aavail ng implants? But with root canal that is the lifeblood of a dentist.
    don't ask me, sir. ask your dentist. he is in a better position to say how many root canals equals one implant. $$$
    Last edited by dr. d; May 5th, 2018 at 01:11 AM.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Thanks for all your replies.

Standard price ng implant set is 75k, excludes sedation, blah. blah. It's the Zirconia/Emax crowns that cost too much, times 3 compared to some top notch dental clinics which I wasn't informed prior to surgery. In my case, because it's a bridge work, I'll have 3 of them months from now when the implant is finalized. Plus the blood tests and different x-rays. Yung bone graft ang mabigat, 175k, before the implant.

And all this is caused by a single tooth that was root cannaled 10 years ago. It got so weak and brittle that it broke in 2 when I bit an apple, imagine, an apple. One dentist pulled it without suggesting for alternatives, so me being naive, agreed. Bone receded, and the rest is history.

Now, my Pinas dentist is coming up with all sorts of surgery suggestions and more checks, trying to drain my pocket to the last cent. Sometimes, trying to save by choosing one dentist over another, results to higher cost and more heartache in the long run, which is actually what my case is now. When this is over, I'm definitely NOT going back to this dentist.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by draiman View Post
    Thanks for all your replies.

Standard price ng implant set is 75k, excludes sedation, blah. blah. It's the Zirconia/Emax crowns that cost too much, times 3 compared to some top notch dental clinics which I wasn't informed prior to surgery. In my case, because it's a bridge work, I'll have 3 of them months from now when the implant is finalized. Plus the blood tests and different x-rays. Yung bone graft ang mabigat, 175k, before the implant.

And all this is caused by a single tooth that was root cannaled 10 years ago. It got so weak and brittle that it broke in 2 when I bit an apple, imagine, an apple. One dentist pulled it without suggesting for alternatives, so me being naive, agreed. Bone receded, and the rest is history.

Now, my Pinas dentist is coming up with all sorts of surgery suggestions and more checks, trying to drain my pocket to the last cent. Sometimes, trying to save by choosing one dentist over another, results to higher cost and more heartache in the long run, which is actually what my case is now. When this is over, I'm definitely NOT going back to this dentist.
    1. sometimes, the dentist is trying to fix what the previous worker mis-did. "it's usually easier to fix it", the first time. "hindsight is always 20-20."
    2. technology marches on. "what might have been perfectly logical and acceptable 10 years ago, might not be so, today".

think of it, sir.
    where would you be today, had the dentist not canaled your root, 10 years ago?

9. Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Try bridge instead of implant

10. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    ito tsikoteers nakakita ako ng magandang lunas sa dangerous root canal. = root analogue implant. No drilling. Its plug & play. But only done in austria because the dentistry corporation wants tuloy ang kwarta.

This video 14,years ago but the technology 16years na. Ganito ang may palag hindi invasive procedure.

Ishahare ko ito sa mga kilala ko na pumunta na lang sa austria para ganito much much safer

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast