New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Good morning mga katsikot,

Recently I had an implant placed with bone graft on my upper left incisor. Due to heavy eating, the sutures came off a few days after (but I was already out of the country by then), exposing the titanium mesh and the gum busted open even now, it's barely 3 weeks.

Have you had dental implants experience and can you share insights esp. on the bone grafting healing or failing?

I know we have some dentists here (Dr. Julius, please help), I hope they have some spare time to advise me what to do with the gum dehiscence, should I just leave it alone and wait for 4 - 6 months before I take it back to the dentist? Will the bone graft fuse with my own with the exposure to oral fluids?

If you can pm me please, I would really appreciate it, this has cost me around 330k already for a single tooth and no longer capable of spending more.

Btw, this was done in Pinas, I'm out of the country now and my Pinas dentist advises me to just try not to get it infected by mouth rinsing multiple times a day.

Thanks you very much to all your replies.

Have a good day.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Not a dentist here.

But 4 to 6 months wait? Have it fixed where you are right now or come back here to be fixed by your dentist, whichever is cheaper.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Go to dr herminia chavez. A biological dentist - who treats dental health as a whole

Sayang sana hindi ka pa nagpagawa nyan. She doesnt believe in root canal . Im not sure about implants.

Root canal is the cash flow ng dentista. Kaya i respect a dentist who does not do that.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    LOL. Kung bulok na ngipin paano gagawin ng magaling mo na dentista?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
    Baka kaya pa sa root canal

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by kagalingan View Post
    Go to dr herminia chavez. A biological dentist - who treats dental health as a whole

Sayang sana hindi ka pa nagpagawa nyan. She doesnt believe in root canal . Im not sure about implants.

Root canal is the cash flow ng dentista. Kaya i respect a dentist who does not do that.
    Implant na nga so ibig sabihin wala na yung ngipin. Anu pang i-root canal kung wala na ngipin. tsk tsk.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by draiman View Post
    Good morning mga katsikot,

Recently I had an implant placed with bone graft on my upper left incisor. Due to heavy eating, the sutures came off a few days after (but I was already out of the country by then), exposing the titanium mesh and the gum busted open even now, it's barely 3 weeks.

Have you had dental implants experience and can you share insights esp. on the bone grafting healing or failing?

I know we have some dentists here (Dr. Julius, please help), I hope they have some spare time to advise me what to do with the gum dehiscence, should I just leave it alone and wait for 4 - 6 months before I take it back to the dentist? Will the bone graft fuse with my own with the exposure to oral fluids?

If you can pm me please, I would really appreciate it, this has cost me around 330k already for a single tooth and no longer capable of spending more.

Btw, this was done in Pinas, I'm out of the country now and my Pinas dentist advises me to just try not to get it infected by mouth rinsing multiple times a day.

Thanks you very much to all your replies.

Have a good day.
    i recommend you heed the dentist's advise and enjoy your trip.
    i'm not a dentist, but it seems to be similar to "healing by primary intention" versus "healing by secondary intention". your case is the latter.
    google it, po.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post

So cathy girl, meron ka na root canal? Ilan?

Nakausap ko secretary doc chavvez. She is against root canal but do implants. So pag ngal-bu na ang options eh pustiso and if kaya gastusan implants.

Quote Originally Posted by Lew_Alcindor View Post
    Implant na nga so ibig sabihin wala na yung ngipin. Anu pang i-root canal kung wala na ngipin. tsk tsk.

Kareem abdul jabar,

Im just explaining kanina pag biological dentist eh ayaw root canal and im not sure if ok din implants.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Implants cost about 100T-120T per tooth? ... the TS spent 330T already? ...

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i am reminded of the customer who was trying to bargain for a good deal.
    "100K!!! but the material costs only 50 dollars!"
    "my apologies. i did not realize madam was shopping for the do-it-yourself variety."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast