New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1374 of 3915 FirstFirst ... 127413241364137013711372137313741375137613771378138414241474 ... LastLast
Results 13,731 to 13,740 of 39146
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012

2. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    See , How the virus transmits . Japanese captured it in highly powerful camera. Please explain to your loved ones , importance of wearing mask during this pandemic .

Sent from my ASUS_Z017DA using Tsikot Forums mobile app

3. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Effective, affordable home spit tester out soon...China Corona Virus OutbreakChina Corona Virus Outbreak
    Opinion | Coronavirus Testing the Cheap, Simple Way - The New York Times

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Feasible ba ito dito para magka "mass testing" na talaga tayo?

Group testing for coronavirus – called pooled testing – could be the fastest and cheapest way to increase screening nationwide

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Feasible ba ito dito para magka "mass testing" na talaga tayo?

Group testing for coronavirus – called pooled testing – could be the fastest and cheapest way to increase screening nationwide

it is possible, but there are concerns.
    some writers feel that pooling of samples somehow dilutes the concentration of the substance to be tested, and may result in a false negative.
    in the past (pre-covid), some regulating bodies have frowned on pooled testing for certain diseases, claiming the above issue.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    it is possible, but there are concerns.
    some writers feel that pooling of samples somehow dilutes the concentration of the substance to be tested, and may result in a false negative.
    in the past (pre-covid), some regulating bodies have frowned on pooled testing for certain diseases, claiming the above issue.
    It was also tackled in the article and according to them it's accurate up to 8 individuals.

"Some people have expressed concern that the dilution of samples from pooling could reduce the accuracy of the PCR tests that look for viral RNA in samples. Fortunately, researchers have already shown that pooled testing is about as accurate as individual testing in pools as large as eight people."

I think this is a good model for localized testing for baranggays

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    It was also tackled in the article and according to them it's accurate up to 8 individuals.

"Some people have expressed concern that the dilution of samples from pooling could reduce the accuracy of the PCR tests that look for viral RNA in samples. Fortunately, researchers have already shown that pooled testing is about as accurate as individual testing in pools as large as eight people."

I think this is a good model for localized testing for baranggays
    i know.
    i actually read the link before i posted my post.
    the concern i aired was a concern raised by other knowledgeable entities, based on their experience with other disease detecting tests, even before covid arrived.
    i imagine, their experience, being based on more years of experience than covid's less-than-one-year-of-experience-testing, can not simply be swept aside.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Remember the sekyu who held hostage a doctor in the emergency Covid ward in East Avenue Medical Center?

China Corona Virus Outbreak