New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by fireblade View Post
    Did anyone ever wonder why Morales was not given the mandatory 8 count when he fell the first time? Dunno if you guys noticed it.
    this is what we're discussing this afternoon after the fight. it was a definite disadvantage for manny if the fight went the full 12 rounds. DAYA sa puntos yon.
    Last edited by Trajano; November 19th, 2006 at 11:49 PM.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    morales is a warrior. im just sorry both fighters couldnt win.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    ang Galing!!!!!!

Manny Pacman, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! itaguyod mo ang galing ng Pinoy

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    wag na tayong magpa apekto sa mga bad vibes ng iba.

minsan lang magka-isa ang sambayanang Pilipino kaya namnaamin na natin.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    ERIK MORALES' STATEMENT AFTER THE FIGHT(POST FIGHT CONFERENCE

"For the first time in my career, I actually felt the power of an opponent like I've never felt it before," said Morales, who also lost two of three fights in his previous trilogy against Marco Antonio Barrera.

"I was hurt by the power of his punches, and maybe it's time to think about not doing this anymore. I had a great career. Maybe it is time."

"He was too fast and too strong," said Morales, who sat speechless in his corner for 5 minutes afterward. "I did everything in camp necessary to win this fight. I didn't win it. It wasn't my night."

Morales, during the post fight interview, said he put everything in the fight, but still fell to Pacquiao

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    at the age of 30, Morales is now considered a has been

7. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    “He was strong and I knew that sooner or later he would crush me,” Morales said adding, “It’s about time to forget it and go home.”

"I did my best, I had the physical and mental preparation for the fight," he said humbly.

"I did my best, he was just too much."

Of the final knock down, he said candidly:

"I was looking to my corner, and they were urging me to get up. I didn't want to get up. I think there is a time when you know its good to give up when you cant win."

"It just was not to be."

"It might not be the best thing to carry on", said Morales when asked about his retirement.
    "I just want to say, it was always a pleasure to give everyone great fights."

El Terrible also said that he was wary about exposing himself to danger as he realized Pacman’s strength and speed.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by squatt3r View Post
    at the age of 30, Morales is now considered a has been
    all boxers at some point will yield to a better fighter. it doesn't take away the victories and the glory that he had garnered.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by bunge View Post
    Let's just enjoy and savor the victory of our kababayan first. Forget about negative things at this time. At least we can be proud to be Pinoys at least for now with winners emerging left and right. I won! I won! I won!
    yep I agree. celebrate tayo ngaun hangga't pure pa ang emotions.

for sure, in a month for now, sukang-suka na tayo sa pagkapanalo ni manny. kasi walang katapusang media/politics/TV opinions mapapanood natin sa TV. walang katapusang association with him. sana by that time, christmas shopping na lang intindihin

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    this is one of the bright moments for a country that is in need of them. Manny is a true hero for a country that sorely needs them.

sa dami ng mga pangit at negative na nakikita nyo sa Pilipinas ngayon, wag nyo na hanapan ng dumi yung mga rare triumphant moments

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
The Champ, you're the MAN! MANNY!