The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    ^^^ I stand corrected.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Sources: Celtics sign Jason Collins - Boston Celtics Blog - ESPN Boston

The Boston Celtics are set to sign veteran center Jason Collins to a one-year, veteran-minimum deal, according to league sources.

With restricted free-agent center Greg Stiemsma prepared to sign an offer sheet with the Minnesota Timberwolves -- one the Celtics appear unable to match due to salary-cap constraints -- Boston has moved quickly to add a legitimate 7-footer to their frontcourt rotation.

The 33-year-old Collins, a veteran of 11 NBA seasons, gives Boston a defensive-minded big man who can give quality minutes off the bench. Collins' offensive game is much-maligned and, for his career, he's averaged 3.8 points and 3.9 rebounds per game. In 30 regular-season games with the Hawks last season, he scored a mere 39 points, but was a pest against the Celtics in the teams' first-round series because of his defense (and occasional offensive burst).
    Christmas says he has deal with Celtics - Boston Celtics Blog - ESPN Boston

LAS VEGAS -- The Boston Celtics have reached an agreement with free agent guard Dionte Christmas, a team source confirmed to ESPN Boston on Sunday.

Full details of the deal are not known, but Christmas said following the Celtics' 92-77 summer league loss to the Los Angeles Clippers that the contract will be partially guaranteed.

"I actually got the call before the game started," Christmas said. "I don't really know all the details now, but I'm going to go over them with the staff. But I'm just happy, man, emotional. I actually got the call literally two minutes before the game started."

The Celtics and Christmas' representatives had been discussing a potential deal all week, with Christmas seeking some sort of guarantee from the club. He said he had received significant offers to continue playing in Europe, where he had spent the majority of the last three seasons, but Christmas maintained throughout the week that his ultimate goal was to make it to the NBA this coming season.

"That was my whole mindset," Christmas said, "to come in here and try to get (the Celtics) to like me and bring me in, and it happened."

Christmas, 25, went undrafted in 2009 after a four-year career at Temple.

In Summer League play, Christmas averaged 14.2 points, 4.2 rebounds, 2.2 assists, and shot 47.9 percent from the field overall and 45 percent from the 3-point line.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I like Dionte Christmas.

He kinda reminds me of a long line of undrafted but really solid players like Derek Fisher, Kelenna Azubuike, Darrel Armstrong, Bruce Bowen, Raja Bell, etc.

Christmas may not be a future all star, or even a borderline one, but he will be a part of the C's rotation if he can maintain consistency in his play.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    19 years ago death cut short his path to be the the next great Celtic. R.I.P Reggie.

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images...jpg?1269982874
    Last edited by ans_lim168; July 28th, 2012 at 10:23 AM.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Rajon Rondo in Manila! having a haircut at the Titan 22 barber shop at The Fort.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by JPG111 View Post
    Rajon Rondo in Manila! having a haircut at the Titan 22 barber shop at The Fort.

nice, may bball clinic na naman

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Guess what Celtics fans, Doc Rivers has been traded to the LAC. It's the end of an era.

From ESPN Boston
    June 24, 2013

After days of wrangling, negotiating and posturing, the Los Angeles Clippers have agreed in principle to a deal with the Celtics for coach Doc Rivers, pending league approval, according to sources.

Sources confirmed on Sunday that the Clippers will sign Rivers to a three-year, $21 million contract. They will send a 2015 first-round pick as compensation to the Celtics, who have agreed to release the coach from the three years, $21 million he has remaining on his deal with the club.

Sources close to the process told ESPN that the Clippers believe that the deal with Rivers will clinch Chris Paul's signature on a new five-year max contract in July. Paul becomes an unrestricted free agent July 1.

Contrary to previous reports, according to league and team sources, the Celtics have been complicit all along in assisting Rivers make the switch from Boston to Los Angeles.

Although Danny Ainge, the Celtics' director of basketball operations, was initially irked that Rivers was lukewarm about returning to Boston, where a rebuilding process will soon be underway, team sources said he recognized the best way to accumulate first-round draft picks, which he covets, would be to relinquish his two most valued assets -- Rivers and Kevin Garnett. Since then, he and Rivers have been working side by side to secure a deal that is best for both parties, sources said.
    And it looks like Boston isn't done dealing. KG may follow Doc Rivers to the Clippers while Paul Pierce may get traded to either Dallas or Denver.

Long live the Big 3.
    Last edited by Altis6453; June 24th, 2013 at 11:04 AM.

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021
Celtics FANS!!