New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    i think sa HS e some are bending the rules to accomodate "veteran" varsity players. i even heard some rumors about a certain high school "Re-enrolling" a player who graduated a year ago.
    tutuo ito dami na ako nakita or napanood na ganito

be it in UAAP or NCAA. much more on not so popular college league
    Scuaa ,Mucaa,Prisaa( i dont know kung meron pa nito) basta mga member school like CCP ,PSba.UM,Ncba.,TIP

IMHO..i think only the University Of the Philippines lang talaga mahigpit sa mga ganito regarding sa school credentials or academics ng maroons

The former member of La Salle’s coaching staff is now part of the coaching crew of one UAAP school, the source said.
    they were now on the coaching staff of Dindo Pumaren (University of the East)
    Last edited by BoEinG_747; October 21st, 2005 at 12:28 PM.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Oo nga bad uaap image.Naku paano kaya yung NCAA meron kayang ganito rin?..

3. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by BoEinG_747
    IMHO..i think only the University Of the Philippines lang talaga mahigpit sa mga ganito regarding sa school credentials or academics ng maroons
    bro -- mahigpit din ang ateneo. in fact, they are also calling for a full investigation of ALL the lineups of ALL the schools in the UAAP basketball tourney

dapat hindi lang sa basketball ang investigation kundi sa ibang UAAP sports rin

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by 111prez
    bro -- mahigpit din ang ateneo.
    may nabasa kasi ako nag accept din sila ng mga players na nag submit lang Philippine Educational Placement Test Certificate of Rating (PEPTRC) alam naman natin pwede pala gawin fake pero sa case ng ateneo kahit PEPTRC ay wala naman complain ...pero wala po ako sinasabi na may gumawa sa taga Eagles iyon ibang school po kasi basta high school diploma kailangan nila hindi mga certificates lang po ..peace po
    i heard may player pa dati ang eagles na nag cum laude "Paul Tan chi " po yata iyon .at meron din sila na nasa deans list si Chris Tiu ata not sure lang po ..sa ibang school wala yata ako narinig na ganito sa Ateneo lang

dapat hindi lang sa basketball ang investigation kundi sa ibang UAAP sports rin
    tama po kayo diyan hindi lang dapat basketball dapat imbestigahan dapat lahat ng field of sports ng UAAP ..ganon in sana sa NCAA

in fact, they are also calling for a full investigation of ALL the lineups of ALL the schools in the UAAP basketball tourney
    tutuo po iyan nang lumabas nga ito ..nag comment agad si Montinola (FEU manager masyado daw magastos at mahabang proseso,,,baka naguilty lang agad )

5. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    hehe totoo yung kay Paul Tan-Chi. batchmates kasi kami. matalino, gwapo, magaling sa basketball.. tsk tsk ano pa? talo na kami nyan!

OT:

1) diba may management agency si Franz Pumaren? para sa mga gustong mag-PBA coming from La Salle?
    2) marami kasing under-the-table deals happening between the player and the school..
    Last edited by chain; October 21st, 2005 at 05:00 PM.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    ummm. Ricky Palou (UAAP technical borad member chairman) explicityly said that ateneo does not accept students or players with the PEPTest only. They ask students to enroll in other schools before entering Ateneo. As you can see, the whole UAAP basketball team came from different HS...walang nag PEp test.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    La Salle suspension a possibility
    By Joaquin Henson
    The Philippine Star 10/20/2005

University Athletic Association of the Philippines (UAAP) basketball technical committee head Ricky Palou said yesterday a suspension on La Salle is a possibility in the wake of disclosures that the Green Archers played academically ineligible cagers.

But Palou said the decision of whether or not to suspend the school is dependent on the circumstances of each case.

The UAAP Board will be convened next month to discuss what action to take.

Palou said La Salle’s admission benefits the UAAP in the long term. "Hopefully, it will make all the schools scrutinize players’ documents more strictly," he said. "In the future, schools will be more careful in screening players."

Palou said to clear doubts on the eligibility of players, he is in favor of reviewing records of all schools in previous years. The now controversial Philippine Educational Placement Test Certificate of Rating (PEPTCR) of a player could be a starting point in the review, added Palou.

Palou said he never expected La Salle’s disclosures because the players’ academic records are submitted to the UAAP for review before each season.

"I agree with La Salle’s decision to forfeit Game 3 if they won Game 2 (of the recent UAAP finals) because fielding an ineligible player will mean losing by default," said Palou. "If La Salle’s games are forfeited to three years back, we’ll have to see if there is an impact on the final UAAP standings. If there is, I think adjustments should be made."

Palou said his alma mater Ateneo rejects enrollees who only show a PEPTCR. None of the Blue Eagle varsity cagers is a PEPTCR holder, he pointed out.

"I should know because my son tried to enroll with an authentic PEPTCR and he was told to go to another school and try to re-enroll after a year," said Palou.

Far Eastern University team manager Anton Montinola said his school also does not accept college enrollees with PEPTCRs because the certificate is "a loophole that may be subject to abuse."

Montinola said the admission that two La Salle players had spurious PEPTCR documents "is quite disturbing and alarming. I’m eager to find out what La Salle’s findings are. I hope the investigation is completed as soon as possible because each day that passes without the public knowing what really happened creates more doubt and suspicion."

A student who is not a high school diploma holder may become eligible for college if he or she takes the PEPTCR test, administered by the Department of Education (DepEd) and is evaluated to be qualified. There is no pass or fail grade in a PEPTCR test because it only rates the high school equivalency of a student.

In the case of the first La Salle player found with a fake PEPTCR, his DepEd record showed an equivalency rating of third year high school but his document had a rating of a fourth year graduate.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    dehadista: marami kasing under-the-table deals happening between the player and the school..
    i think me lumabas ngang ganyang balita about a particular dlsu player...something about being given a condo/house and lot for joining the team

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Bakit kasi tumatanggap ang mga schools like La Salle, ng PEPTCR cert. lang. Dapat talaga, ipakita nung player yung high school diploma at yung report card niya. Kung wala, huwag tanggapin. Eh yang PEPTCR, nabibili lang yan sa Recto eh!

Di kaya marami ring mga estudyante na nakakalusot na ganiyan? Di lang mga players? Nakatapos na ng college, courtesy of spurious PEPTCR.

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    Di kaya marami ring mga estudyante na nakakalusot na ganiyan? Di lang mga players? Nakatapos na ng college, courtesy of spurious PEPTCR.
    malamang

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Cardona also under fire in La Salle fiasco