New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Does anyone have a reco on how to combine these activities? I discovered fitness boxing and want to combine w/ my weight training regimen. Kaso, I can't seem to find the right mix. When I box a day after weights, my muscles are still sore so I get sluggish. If I box the day before the weight training day, same effect. Parang bumibigat yung dating kayang-kaya. When I was doing weights only, I'd train 4x a wk: M-T, Th-F, rest Sat-Sun. With boxing, mukhang kailangan magbawas ng araw ng pagbubuhat, otherwise burnout. Any suggestions? Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by JackFlash View Post
    Does anyone have a reco on how to combine these activities? I discovered fitness boxing and want to combine w/ my weight training regimen. Kaso, I can't seem to find the right mix. When I box a day after weights, my muscles are still sore so I get sluggish. If I box the day before the weight training day, same effect. Parang bumibigat yung dating kayang-kaya. When I was doing weights only, I'd train 4x a wk: M-T, Th-F, rest Sat-Sun. With boxing, mukhang kailangan magbawas ng araw ng pagbubuhat, otherwise burnout. Any suggestions? Thanks.
    imho, you have to rest your muscles so they can recover... boxing is more of a cardio exercise... so why the sore muscles after? identify which you really want. Gain muscle mass or lose pounds... from there you can prioritize which can concentrate on... just my 2 cents

3. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by rusem View Post
    imho, you have to rest your muscles so they can recover... boxing is more of a cardio exercise... so why the sore muscles after? identify which you really want. Gain muscle mass or lose pounds... from there you can prioritize which can concentrate on... just my 2 cents
    To clarify my post, my muscles would still be sore from the weight training session from the previous day, making me feel sluggish when I box. but thanks for your input, rusem. You're right, I can't have my cake and eat it too (literally and figuratively if serious about keeping the fat off). So I'm doing some internet research on the subject so I can make the most of both workouts.