New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Gumasta na Millions of pesos and dental problem became worse.

Ano name kaya ng dental shop

Biz Buzz: Delay-weary MPIC delayed again | Inquirer Business

Botched dental job

A POPULAR dental center in Metro Manila, which claims to be the “Dentist to the Stars” (a.k.a. “DS”), recently botched a dental job on one of its valued, albeit unlucky patients.

Biz Buzz learned that this was not the first time that this well-known dental center, with several branches around the city, has been the subject of complaints.

DS’ dental team claims to have world-class facilities and even counts among its patients several celebrities in the country. Thus, the unlucky patient, who is a scion and belongs to society’s crème-de la crème, felt deceived.

The story is that DS assured the patient that his dental problems would be fixed in a few sittings. But to the patient’s horror, after being charged millions of pesos—and after more than 5 months of treatments—his dental problems became worse.

The patient reportedly suffered more pain and discomfort in the mouth. Some of his temporary crowns even fell off. Talk about bungled procedures.

Needless to say, we expect the well-off patient to seek redress with the courts against DS, owing to the erratic and expensive dental procedures. Daxim L. Lucas

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    DS Dr Steve Gan of GAOC who else?

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    in my opinion, it is difficult to "pass judgement", when only one side of the argument is presented.
    i would like to know the other side of the coin. it's only fair.
    even as i know that this is unlikely to come to pass.

i have heard this "dis-satisfied customer" scenario several times already.
    many times, it was simply a mis-understanding of expectations.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    in my opinion, it is difficult to "pass judgement", when only one side of the argument is presented.
    i would like to know the other side of the coin. it's only fair.
    even as i know that this is unlikely to come to pass.

i have heard this "dis-satisfied customer" scenario several times already.
    many times, it was simply a mis-understanding of expectations.
    Blind items... the ultimate in corporate sabotage.

-

Also, millions? Did the patient want diamond-studded titanium teeth?

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Blind items... the ultimate in corporate sabotage.

-

Also, millions? Did the patient want diamond-studded titanium teeth?
    Possibly if that person had all of his teeth fixed. I have one tooth extracted (thankfully molar so not visible) My dentist was charging over P100k for an implant and that was around 10 yrs ago. I don't mind if my teeth alignment will eventually move because of that space.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    Possibly if that person had all of his teeth fixed. I have one tooth extracted (thankfully molar so not visible) My dentist was charging over P100k for an implant and that was around 10 yrs ago. I don't mind if my teeth alignment will eventually move because of that space.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
    implants are really expensive. but they're cheaper now than they were, 10 years ago.
    but if your dentist is belled and whistled (de campanilya), yes, this will drive up the price.
    it's not fun, eating solid foods without molars. i recommend we do everything possible, to save our teeth. but we won't really miss them if we ate thru a straw.

and yes... titanium implants are not cheap.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    implants are really expensive. but they're cheaper now than they were, 10 years ago.
    but if your dentist is belled and whistled (de campanilya), yes, this will drive up the price.
    it's not fun, eating solid foods without molars. i recommend we do everything possible, to save our teeth. but we won't really miss them if we ate thru a straw.

and yes... titanium implants are not cheap.
    Thankfully it's just one molar. My dentist in my teens was the one who extracted. My current dentist (for over a decade) avoids extraction at all costs. His hands are so "magaan", I feel like sleeping during prophylaxis My maternal lola used to pay for my dental costs but she is gone now so I have to pay

8. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Millions? Baka nga lahat ng ipin implanted.

Mahirap talagang humanap ng magaling na dentista na may concern sa patient.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Meron naman matitino coventional dentist at biological dentist.

Basta pag pinacheckup teeth nyo eh at sinabi meron butas. Ask nyo ipakita sa mirror.

Kaya ko advice mas ok sa biological dentist kasi they will never offer root canal at "whole body dentistry" ang pag treat. Hindi pwede bunot lang ng bunot, or drill lang ng drill. Hindi lahat ng composite filling parepareha.

Malaki kasi kita root canal kaya mga conventional dentist gustong gusto ito.