New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by nicolodeon
    Yes, you still need a license to own one and another license to carry one, if you're goint hunting. Pero, compared to bigger caliber rifles, mas madaling kuhanan ng license ang .22 rifle.

Yep.

Mga 10-11 shots. Yung 12th up to 15th eh mahina na ang magiging muzzle velocity dahil paubos na yung C02. That's why I own a spring-type air rifle. No CO2s to mess with.

Wala, kung after-market parts ang tinutukoy mo. Pero may mga kasama ako dati na namamaril na may...contraption na ganito. Magazine sya na naka-attach (in an angle) dun sa slot na paglalagyan mo ng pellet. Pag-hatak nya nung bolt, automatic na lumalaglag yung isang pellet dun sa butas. Pinasadya na ito sa gunsmith nya.

What kind of license do i need to own a .22 caliber airgun and to carry one? Also, where do i get this license here in the Philippines?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    i used to hunt in bulacan (bato bato) in the 80's. but i'd shift hunting mickey mouse (mga peste kasi sila) in our back yard with a little bait (rice, fish fish etc.) talo talo na! I realized kawawa kasi mga birds, sealed faith sila when they were caught by my JBC bolt action cal 22 airgun using round head silver streak pellet or double action type (i can see in my scope when the pellet explodes when it hits them) with the big help from my 3-9X X 40 mm variable scope. Re. license, you can inquire at any Hahn. HTH

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow
    meron na ban ngayon airgun na meron magazine na pwede i load marming pellets then baril na lang ng baril untilmaubos yun gas?
    meron kami ginamit dati ng college friend ko it had a tube magazine on the side that can load 10 pellets. the "chamber" was actually in line with the tube magazine and when you pull the trigger it rotates by spring pressure to line itself up with the barrel and air valve. think of revolver chamber but it only has one hole for one pellet. after it "fires" it automatically returns and lines up with the tube magazine again and receives another pellet. it is gas operated to cock the hammer that hits on the air valve and to return the chamber in line with the magazine. medyo mahina lang nga kasi short barreled siya, about 10 inches barrel lang. di ko na alam kung nasa friend ko pa ito, saka di ko na nakikita ang damuho e. don't know the make either.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by xto
    i used to hunt in bulacan (bato bato) in the 80's. but i'd shift hunting mickey mouse (mga peste kasi sila) in our back yard with a little bait (rice, fish fish etc.) talo talo na! I realized kawawa kasi mga birds, sealed faith sila when they were caught by my JBC bolt action cal 22 airgun using round head silver streak pellet or double action type (i can see in my scope when the pellet explodes when it hits them) with the big help from my 3-9X X 40 mm variable scope. Re. license, you can inquire at any Hahn. HTH
    had the same experience when i was still into hunting during my gradeschool years, i was using a .22 cal airgun (CO2) with a bushnell scope back then, have shot tarats, bato batos, pugos, mayas etc.. till i got my last kill, it was just a maya on a branch and i just shot at it for fun, it was still alive when i picked it up bleeding through its beak (hit in the neck), i looked closer and i will never forget the look in its eyes, from that day on i promised myself to never go bird hunting again

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by whistler
    What kind of license do i need to own a .22 caliber airgun and to carry one? Also, where do i get this license here in the Philippines?
    Well, kung airgun, hindi na yata kailangan. Well, at least dati pa nung bumuli ako eh hindi - ewan ko lang ngayon.

Kung .22 LR, oo kailangan. Permit to Own and Permit to Carry. If you buy your .22 rilfe at a "reputable" gun shop, they usually handle all the paper work for you. Pero, kung gusto mong ikaw ang lalakad, sa Camp Crame ka dapat pumunta. Puntahan mo yung website ng PNP para makita mo ang mga requirements for firearms permits (http://www.pnp.gov.ph/)

Sa hunting naman, well, depende sa lugar kung 'san ka mamamaril. May mga game and wildlife reserves tayo na off-limits sa hunting, mayron naman hindi pero may bag limit sa game. Pag ganito, you need to get a hunting permit from the government. AFAIR, either sa DENR or sa DA ka kukuha. Dati sa Bureau of Forestry and Aquatic Resources kami kumukuha.
    Last edited by nicolodeon; March 21st, 2006 at 02:34 PM.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by xto
    ahahaha, hang lufet mo naman bro - kawawa talaga yung mga ibon, lalo na yung bato-bato. Yund double-action na .22 air rifle pellets eh pwedeng pang varmint hunting yun.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Mang-hunting na lang kayo ng mga magnanakaw at yun ang barilin nyo ....wawa naman ang mga bird!

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    ahahaha, hang lufet mo naman bro - kawawa talaga yung mga ibon, lalo na yung bato-bato. Yund double-action na .22 air rifle pellets eh pwedeng pang varmint hunting yun.
    kaya since then i never shot any kind of birds. kaka-konsyensya, imagine kung may mga chicks sila at parents din like me pang mickey mouse na lang talaga airgun ko

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    nung bata ako, we used to hunt a lot (wild pigs, bayawak, deer, quail, etc.), but whatever we killed, we ate. my dad used to work for the public highways and they were building new roads up north so he befriended many tribesmen from the remotest areas of the northern philippines (mostly ilongots). they thought us how to use the bow and arrow as hunting instruments, and my brothers and i became pretty good at 'em. i have no problem with hunting, as long as the prey are used for sustenance. hunting for pleasure, i have problems with...

btw...don't bring this guy to any hunting trips.

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    Well, kung airgun, hindi na yata kailangan. Well, at least dati pa nung bumuli ako eh hindi - ewan ko lang ngayon.

Kung .22 LR, oo kailangan. Permit to Own and Permit to Carry. If you buy your .22 rilfe at a "reputable" gun shop, they usually handle all the paper work for you. Pero, kung gusto mong ikaw ang lalakad, sa Camp Crame ka dapat pumunta. Puntahan mo yung website ng PNP para makita mo ang mga requirements for firearms permits Sa hunting naman, well, depende sa lugar kung 'san ka mamamaril. May mga game and wildlife reserves tayo na off-limits sa hunting, mayron naman hindi pero may bag limit sa game. Pag ganito, you need to get a hunting permit from the government. AFAIR, either sa DENR or sa DA ka kukuha. Dati sa Bureau of Forestry and Aquatic Resources kami kumukuha.
    I'm gonna jump in here guys if it's ok. I'm a filipino airgun hunter based in the states but I hunt in the philippines too. There are few things that you should know.

You are not required to have a license to own an airgun. They do require that you register your airgun at crame. It's a simple process, and I think it is just 100 pesos to do. A majority of airgun owners don't do this, but lately, there has been a resurgence in high quality airguns like the Filarms Tornado, JBC pcp rifle, and others that are pretty pricey, so it pays to register so you don't get it confiscated by local kotong kops.

We hunt what are called "game birds", these are birds that are generally acceptable for hunting because of several factors. One would be their presence as a nuisance to farmers, their taste (most are delicacies), and mostly for the general dificulty in hunting them. Among these are the bato bato (of which there are different types), tikling (rail or moorhen), snipe, and wild ducks, to name a few. We don't go running around the countryside shooting mayas and tarats.

To get into the the guns we use, the modern air rifle is a formidable tool in the right hands. Meron pa rin mga co2 and such, but most avid hunters nowadays have switched over to PCP. That means Pre-Charged Pneumatic. Pre charged because we still use an air reservoir, but the difference is, it is COMPRESSED, usually at around 3200 psi. Compare that to co2 which is usually around 900-1200psi. Also, unlike c02 that only gets you about 7-8 shots before you have to recharge, our modern PCP airguns get between 30-50 shots in between refills. Another nice thing is that you don't have to go the c02 refiller to recharge your tanks. We use pumps! These look like bicycle pumps on steroids, hehe. Also, PCP rifles propel pellets at almost 22 LR speeds, so the distances that you can shoot now are a bit further than when you use springers or co2 rifles. Some of my friends have taken shots at 60 - 70 meters. These are very high precision rifles that can put pellets inside of a 25 centavo coin at 30 meters. This level of precision gives us the ability to make "clean kills" (headshots, neck shots) , we also don't like to see our prey suffer. Gone are the days when we used to pray before taking the shot and hope for a hit hehe. We can usually call where the pellet will strike nowadays.

Other hunters still use shotguns and 22lr to hunt. The drawback of that is, well, it is now illegal. The DENR has banned hunting in all areas and frowns upon hunting in general. Mahirap mahuli with a shotgun or a 22LR, unless you have connections. Whereas, hunting with an airgun is still generally acceptable in the countryside, most farmers welcome it because you are ridding their fields of pest birds who eat their seeds and seedlings. Dapat low profile ka lang. I'm not telling you to break any laws, but hunting is still a pastime enjoyed by thousands, it is a safe and enjoyable sport, mejo napag initan lang ng ibang walang kwentang politicians. I won't get into that here, hehe. Another nice thing: Airguns can be silenced. Literally as one of my partners call it, parang "mousefart". It has introduced a whole new dimension to our hunting as we don't disturb the game birds as much as when you fire a 22LR or shotgun that echoes throughout the countryside. =) You also don't freak out the farmers and people in the areas that you hunt. It lets you enjoy your sport in peace.

I hope this has helped, and let me give you a few links to lead the way.

There is much to learn here:
    Philippine Airguns Yahoo Group

You can see the see the Filarms Tornado (a PCP rifle) here:
    Filarms Tornado

This is an american site where you can learn a whole lot more about airguns:
    James Kitching's Airgun Forum

Or you can always message me or email me at philhunters*yahoo.com. I'll be happy to help you get into the sport.

- Chris

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
bird hunting???