New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Boy Torotot
    bro, interesting yang PCP rifles na yan. available ba dito yan sa pilipinas..and the pumps? if so, how much? at least registration lang kailangan dyan. i have the armscor .22 co2-fed airgun. haven't used it much lately, though.

interesting din yong how you silence the airgun. any additional info on this? will check out the yahoo groups & links.
    The PCP rifles are proudly made in the Philippines, as are the pumps. The rifles start at 17,000 I think and it comes with the silencer. Check mo nalang yung pics and the yahoo group for more information on those. Look for Noli or dhunter52. I'm also in there as ogpro2, just message me.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Kontra - pelo ako dito. Galing ako sa probinsya na tuwing hapon eh libo- libong ibon ang makikita mo tuwing hapon na naghahanap ng kanlungan bago magtakipsilim. Hunter din po ako noon, noong hindi ko pa naiintindihan ang tulong na ginagawa sa atin ng mga ibon na ito maliban sa maganda silang tingnan. Ngayon, wala na , over hunting ng mga tao, at isang grupo ng mga banyaga ang nagtatag ng " conservation society " at gumastos ng libo - libong dolyar para maibalik ang mga ibon na ito. sabi nila maraming " species" ang nakikita nila dito sa atin na wala sa ibang bansa. Hanggang ngayon kinokonsensya pa rin ako. Ngayon dito sa 'tate dito ko napansin na mas maganda pala tingnan ang mga ibon na "BUHAY " at hindi patay. May "bird feeder ako" sa likod ng bahay na syang kanlungan nila tuwing hapon. Isang napakaimportante na maitutulong ng mga ibon sa atin ay yong " reforestation " yong itsas nila ay may lamang " seeds" at ito ay nagiging "kahoy".
    Salamat sana huwag na kayong mamaril ng ibon, MAG CAR RACING NA LANG TAYO. PEACE

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by imprezawrxsti
    Kontra - pelo ako dito. Galing ako sa probinsya na tuwing hapon eh libo- libong ibon ang makikita mo tuwing hapon na naghahanap ng kanlungan bago magtakipsilim. Hunter din po ako noon, noong hindi ko pa naiintindihan ang tulong na ginagawa sa atin ng mga ibon na ito maliban sa maganda silang tingnan. Ngayon, wala na , over hunting ng mga tao, at isang grupo ng mga banyaga ang nagtatag ng " conservation society " at gumastos ng libo - libong dolyar para maibalik ang mga ibon na ito. sabi nila maraming " species" ang nakikita nila dito sa atin na wala sa ibang bansa. Hanggang ngayon kinokonsensya pa rin ako. Ngayon dito sa 'tate dito ko napansin na mas maganda pala tingnan ang mga ibon na "BUHAY " at hindi patay. May "bird feeder ako" sa likod ng bahay na syang kanlungan nila tuwing hapon. Isang napakaimportante na maitutulong ng mga ibon sa atin ay yong " reforestation " yong itsas nila ay may lamang " seeds" at ito ay nagiging "kahoy".
    Salamat sana huwag na kayong mamaril ng ibon, MAG CAR RACING NA LANG TAYO. PEACE
    Pare, read my entire post, there's a part of self limitation and responsible hunting. A LOT more damage to our wildlife has been done by illegal logging. There were instances a few years ago of over hunting of a certain species, like the tarsier, the mindoro based tamaraw and the philippine deer. That has thankfully stopped now. I don't want to start any arguments in this post and i welcome anybody who would want to get into conservation, but responsible hunters are actually the biggest proponents of conservation. We can't stand to see the loss of habitat to our wildlife due to illegal logging, deforestation, and urban sprawl. Those are your biggest culprits as they rob the wildlife of even their nesting grounds so they can't propagate. Yan ang problema sa politics behind the DENR. The head of the DENR ( http://www.manilatimes.net/national/...50518top5.html )now has no background knowledge on Forestry, Agriculture, or even Biology. They're usually appointed political hacks who were owed a favor by the president. Mas malaki ang lagay ng loggers kasya sa conservationists and hunters. Before you target any one particular group, you might want to look at the entire picture and see it for what it is. Our government MAKES MONEY out of cutting down our trees, that's reality. They don't care that they kill and make a few animals extinct in the future as long as they are able to line their pockets now. Now that you're in the states, you should do some research and you'll find out that american hunters are actually one of the biggest propopents of conservation and their tax dollars are what makes it possible. PEACE. Race on the track, not on the streets. =)

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by imprezawrxsti
    Bro, read the entire post of Ogpro. There is such a thing as responsible hunting and an unwritten code of ethics while one is hunting. A hunter should not shoot at his/her hearts delight. Also, a bird hunter should know the bird species that are near-endagered or endagered. A responsible hunter should know what to shoot and what not to shoot. Kailangan mag-aral din kung ano ang mga dapat at hindi dapat - hindi lang baril ng baril. May mga kilala ako na kahit yung munting ibing maya eh binabaril ng airgun with .22-caliber double action bullets. IMHO, mali yun.

When I was still bird hunting, my personal bag limit was three birds - minsan 2 nga lang. My personal rule is I don't shoot more than I can consume on a hunting trip. If I bag three birds, I field dress the 3rd bird so I can bring it home.
    Last edited by nicolodeon; May 31st, 2006 at 11:26 AM.

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    ^ Thanks dude.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    I don't know where to put this but here goes:

Leopard turns the tables on hunter
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTUYl4KONYA"]YouTube- Leopard attacks hunter[/ame]
    note: the leopard was shot the night before while going after a bait.
    The hunters track the next morning only to be attacked by a wounded leopard.

you just don't f*ck with a leopard. he's lucky it didn't get him in the jugular.

the full episode: http://www.huntingwiththepros.com/hw...08_africa.html
    Last edited by Negus; June 26th, 2010 at 02:11 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
bird hunting???