New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2014

looks cool if you ask me. wag na masyado maraming reklamo but personally i just flip the bike, undo the 15mm maxle and the rear QR, and stuff the bike in the trunk. done in about 1min. faster than taking the rack from storage, then locking it into the receiver, then loading up the bike, doing all the wheel locks etc. such a hassle

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by crosswind View Post
    My suggestion is to install a crossbar on you car and a bike rack. Having a bike rack in the rear of the car is hassle talaga.

The downside nga lang ng roof mounted is you have to remvove the front wheels.
    I don't like having permanent fixtures on my car. A crossbar doesn't bode well with how I want my car to look.

Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post

looks cool if you ask me. wag na masyado maraming reklamo but personally i just flip the bike, undo the 15mm maxle and the rear QR, and stuff the bike in the trunk. done in about 1min. faster than taking the rack from storage, then locking it into the receiver, then loading up the bike, doing all the wheel locks etc. such a hassle
    Different strokes for different folks. I don't really plan on bringing my bike to faraway places often so the hassle of the trunk rack is okay. In fact, I don't have any complaints whatsoever with my trunk rack. There was a bit of a learning curve when I was setting it up, but once I got it to work, it did its job reasonably well. And because I'm a casual biker, I can't justify the cost of more expensive bike mounts to myself.

I also used to put my bike inside the car but now that I have a beige interior, no way I'd do that.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    No bike racks for me. I can always fold the seats and take the front wheel off. It will fit fine in the CRV. But, I don't do this often because no time to visit the trails. Although, I would really love one day to visit the Enduru trails because I'm more into aggressive type of riding.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Anyone with bike racks on their cars? I recently got a trunk-mounted bike rack as a gift and as a result I'm trying to get cycling back in my routine.

I brought my bike from Manila to Mt. Samat and so far I think the rack is holding up well. I travelled at 80-100 kph on the highway with a few bursts to 120. Been trying to be gentle on the throttle and steering inputs to avoid weight shifts that might dent my trunk.

I've also been trying to figure out how to best secure the bike so that the fork, frame, and tires don't move around and slam on the rack, or worse, the car. My rack came with a long strap that I randomly tie around the bike to keep it in place.

Any tips on how to best secure the bike firmly? And how fast do you drive with a bike mounted on your car?

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk
    Btw recommended speed with a bike mounted is below 90kph.
    I'm not sure with the tow hitch mounted ones. Will soon install one

Sent from my SM-A700FD using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Jun 2018
    You have a cool car!

6. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by crosswind View Post
    Btw recommended speed with a bike mounted is below 90kph.
    I'm not sure with the tow hitch mounted ones. Will soon install one

Sent from my SM-A700FD using Tapatalk
    A tow hitch on a passenger sedan is generally not a good idea in the Philippines. It's a ground clearance issue more than anything else, particularly if the trail head is only accessible via fire/rough road. Parking and ingress on inclines will also be limited.

I would suggest a roof mount instead.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Got a vintage version of this Yakima spare tire rack. Folds when not in use & removes easily. No straps to tie on the spare.Bike Racks
    SpareRide | Spare Tire Bike Rack | Yakima

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by L1quid View Post
    Ingat ka nalang sa maalon/lubak para di mapatalon, medyo malaki din kasi tendency nya mag whip up dahil nga buntot sya.

What i do sa moving parts:
    1. Use velcro straps (yung ginagamit as cable ties for wirings) on the brake levers, this prevents the wheels from spinning habang tumatakbo. Pede rin naman yung long straps ng rack for this, di naman kelangan super higpit eh, just enough.
    I didn't really strap the tyres/wheels anymore

2. Secure the pedal to the nearest tube (chainstay, seat or down tube) using the long straps ng rack.

3. Then secure the handle bar ends in place using the long straps again looping it to the racks' arms. Pede ito tandem sa #1.

4. Strap outside pedal to the outside arm ng rack, yung sa part na malayo sa kotse, this helps prevent the bike from swinging towards the car, palayo lang yung swing nya kung sakali. Pede ito tandem sa #2.

Hope these help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Good morning mga Sirs!

Up ko lang thread..... hoping to get your expert opinion re bike rack I’m planning to buy.

I’m choosing between Bn’B Rack Supporter and Buzz Rack Pilot-S.

Which between the 2 is better in terms of quality/durability?

9. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Both are known good brands. I think quality/durability difference between the two will be marginal at best.

On the other hand though, sa nakikita ko may sarili sila advantages & disadvantages. Sa anong sasakyan nyo ba ikakabit?

Edit: yung isa ok yung wheel support kasi mukang napapalitan to accommodate even fat bikes.

Yung isa naman ok kasi hindi natatakpan yung plates, which is usually kapantay ng brake lights.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by L1quid View Post
    Both are known good brands. I think quality/durability difference between the two will be marginal at best.

On the other hand though, sa nakikita ko may sarili sila advantages & disadvantages. Sa anong sasakyan nyo ba ikakabit?

Edit: yung isa ok yung wheel support kasi mukang napapalitan to accommodate even fat bikes.

Yung isa naman ok kasi hindi natatakpan yung plates, which is usually kapantay ng brake lights.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk
    Thanks L1quid sir. Siguro nga halos same lang quality.

Will mount it in a sedan. Initially im leaning towards buzzrack with the bigger wheel support and lower profile.

But i realized that the BnB is more flexible cos it can be mounted in a sedan and a hatchback. What’s making me think against it is it is mounted higher than the buzzrack....bike wheels are almost aligned at top level of the trunk (which as you mentioned makes its advantage, hindi natatakpan yung car plates).

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast