New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by vito corleone View Post
    sam bowie's case was a mistake, portland selected him based on his position

no. 1 draft busts? how about olowokandi?
    Olowokandi was even an average player, the worst #1 pick for me is still KWAME BROWN of 2001.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    In your opinion which was the BEST DRAFT class ever and the WORST?

How about who is the most underated draft pick, but end up so good.

And which is the biggest draft blunders?

Let me start...

BEST DRAFT CLASS = 1984 and possibly 1996 very close call for me while 1984 had Jordan ang lalim talaga ng talent pool ng 1996. 2003 is third IMO. 1984 of course included Michael Jordan, Olajuwon, Barkley, Stockton among others... 1996 included Alan Iverson, Kobe Bryant, Ray Allen, Stephon Marbury, Steve Nash, Ilgauskas among others... 2003 of course included the current BIG 3 of Miami and Carmelo Anthony...

WORST DRAFT CLASS = 2000 IMO is the worst... Si Kenyon Martin lang ang ok the rest are average to sucky at best...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2000_NBA_Draft

Looking at it even Draft's 16-30 could beat Draft's 1-15...

MOST UNDER-RATED DRAFT PICK = Its gotta be Kobe Bryant. #13 pick only in the 1996 Draft but he was clearly not only the best player of that year but of his generation. Alan Iverson was the TOP PICK of that year, not a bad pick but nasan na ngayon si AI? Wala na! Kobe won 5 championships. And the stupid thing is the former Charlotte Hornets actually drafted Kobe but they traded him for VLADE DIVACS!!!! If history could be re-written I am sure the Hornets would want to cancel that trade.

BIGGEST DRAFT BLUNDER = Its gotta be SAM BOWIE of the 1984 pick. He was drafted #2 after Hakeem. Jordan was just #3 who ended up to be the greatest player of the game. Barkley was also there, as well as Stockton...

Another similarity is Darko Miliccic of the 2003 NBA Draft. He was picked #2 by Detroit. Lebron was the first pick, but Darko for Chris Bosh, Dwayne Wade and Carmelo Anthony???

Also we know that Michael Jordan might be a great player but certainly not a great talent scout by drafting KWAME BROWN #1 in the 2001 NBA Draft. Pau Gasol, Shane Battier, Tony Parker, Zack Randolph was in that draft...
    I totally agree with you bro. on th last note, MJ should have picked Pau Gasol after he performed well in the euroleauge for crying out loud! Zach was the dark horse!
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Sabi nila sa Portland re Bowie, kaya nila kinuha kasi ang kualng sa lineup nila sentro, so nung time na yun si Bowie daw best choice for center, actually ganda ng stats niya nung college. Kaso sa kabilang banda sana hindi based sa requirement ng team ang basehan kundi sa talent ng prospect. Pwede mo naman i trade ang importante may alas kang hawak

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Exactly! They could have drafted MJ play him for 2 years so the rest of the league and see his potential then trade him for a blockbuster BIG MAN. Even Olajuwon himself or kung talagang ang lakas ni MJ eh di might as well keep him and trade Clyde Drexler away!

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    I they have gotten MJ most likely they (portland) would've seen his potential, detonated their plans and their lineup and make him the centerpiece of their franchise had 6 championships or maybe more depending on the environment at that time in Portland. Phil wouldn't have been the winningest coach, Pippen has no rings, Steve Kerr would just be an ex nba white boy player....ahhh the possibilities.
    Last edited by oliver1013; May 18th, 2011 at 06:28 PM.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    And don't forget Kerr's equivalent in the first THREE PEAT John Paxson... Who is now an executive for the Bulls!

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by oliver1013 View Post
    I they have gotten MJ most likely they (portland) would've seen his potential, detonated their plans and their lineup and make him the centerpiece of their franchise had 6 championships or maybe more depending on the environment at that time in Portland. Phil wouldn't have been the winningest coach, Pippen has no rings, Steve Kerr would just be an ex nba white boy player....ahhh the possibilities.
    had the blazers gotten mj, the bulls would have taken sir charles, so di pa rin makakatikim ng singsing si barkley

8. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    the possibilities. Had Portland drafted MJ, di natin alam nagkaroon ng career ending injury si MJ sa Portland. So, wala tayong alam na MJ ngayon.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Speaking of bad draft classes, this upcoming 2011 Draft looks to be very bad... 2000 bad kaya?

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by peejay_07 View Post
    the possibilities. Had Portland drafted MJ, di natin alam nagkaroon ng career ending injury si MJ sa Portland. So, wala tayong alam na MJ ngayon.
    Hahaha portland jinx, maybe...so greatest of all time to ever play the game, kobe? Hahaha joke sa haters.

If that happened utah would've won multiple championships, phoenix with barkley and that mayor of sacramento would've won some, of course more yung houston with hakeem on board, lakers with magic baka plus 1. Detroit with the bad boys baka may dagdag. Come to think of it daming winasak sa championship dreams si MJ.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
BEST and WORST of NBA Drafts!