New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    umm those shoes really followed and patterned from a study that those who trained barefooted had more developed muscles on footsole thus performance improved and stronger gait, because wearing cushioned sole shoes some of muscles on footsole will athropied or shrink... even willy miller before joining PBA (MBA then) he played basketball barefooted in our barangay

PS: only advised these shoes with no prevailing injuries that may worsen without cushioned soles

2. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    in addition to above: when using these barefooted shoes at first your feet will ache especially the soles, may due to the muscles atrophied from using shoes that has too much cushioned...

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by MrQ5 View Post
    umm those shoes really followed and patterned from a study that those who trained barefooted had more developed muscles on footsole thus performance improved and stronger gait, because wearing cushioned sole shoes some of muscles on footsole will athropied or shrink... even willy miller before joining PBA (MBA then) he played basketball barefooted in our barangay

PS: only advised these shoes with no prevailing injuries that may worsen without cushioned soles
    true, but not training barefoot in hard cemented ground ok lang on dirt and trail and on track ovals where ground is softer

4. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    I also use a pair of Nike Free v5.0s when hitting the gym since parang mas madaling kumilos, wala yung extra weight ng standard cushioned rubber shoes. I originally bought a pair of Nike Downshifter IIs to alternate with the Free sa gym, kaso nagagamit ko na lang as casual wear.

One caveat about those "barefoot" shoes is that you have to transition to them gradually. A lot of people jump into the fad without realizing na pag binigla mo yung paggamit, especially kung nasanay ka sa cushioned shoes, eh magkakaroon ka talaga ng injury.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    talking about these barefoot shoes, where do you buy toe socks for these?

6. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    sino gumagamit? does it really have a big difference compare to ordinary training shoes. I'm currently using Nike free pag nag gym. pero yun mga vibram type na parang paa na talaga. and just saw Adidas is also coming out with this type of shoe this November. it's called The Adipure Trainer, which is a cross between a glove for the feet and a traditional training shoes.
    Although I haven't tried barefoot (or minimalist) running shoes yet, I have been curious about them. I have tried running barefoot at the beach and the day after, I had muscle pains in places I didn't know existed. So I figured, barefoot running must have its benefits. Kaya nag-web research ako and found these sites. Baka makatulong din sa yo:
    Barefoot Running Shoes: Check out Vibram Five Fingers, Nike Free Shoes, Newton Running Shoes, New Balance, Vivo Barefoot and Shop and Research Five Finger Shoes, Nike Free Shoes and Other Barefoot Running shoes.
    How to Choose Minimalist Shoes (Barefoot Running): Expert Advice from REI
    Minimalist Running Shoes at Runner's World

7. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    BORN TO RUN, an audio book will enlighten most of the questions regarding barefoot running..

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    in the end really, what works for you either conventional running shoes or these barefoot type ones. pero pansin ko lang kenyans are the fastest runners in the world, looking at their leg muscle structure, they have gargantuan quads but very thin calves. meaning when they run they do not use forefoot running thus eliminating use of the calves which barefoot running teaches.

One time just for the heck of it i tried a run start with a kenyan on a 10k trail run in Maarat, after the gun went off it was an all out sprint for me, i was only able to keep up with the kenyan guy for about 2min then kept pace with the kenyan female, whom after awhile also left me in dust. i was 22min behind the kenyan guy and 7min behind the kenyan female after the finish line, they werent breaking pace during the steep ascents while i had to walk 3 times due to stitches because of the blistering start

9. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    if you are a runner/marathoner sir, guess you want to change learn from conventional heel approach to barefoot style... will reduce the risk greatly of acquiring cuboid syndrome and other related running injuries.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    got my VFF KSO about 2 years ago and never looked at any another running shoe again

i just ordered the BIKILA i hope it's ever better!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
"barefoot" type of training shoes...?