New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'm looking for licensed physicians willing to be employed at a secondary (tertiary application still pending) hospital in Caloocan City. Duty posts will be at the E.R. and is usually comprised of two-man teams.

There is basic pay (on a per duty basis) as well as a per patient and per admission pay on top of the basic pay.

Duty hours are from 10 am to 10 am the next day.

Duty hours are flexible. Just note beforehand what dates you want to go on duty.

Free meals.

Please PM me if you are interested in applying. Thanks!

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    10am-10am? 24 hour duty? huwaaa... sorry nagreact lang po

3. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    wow 24hrs, pay must be good. sorry not any help here ehehe

4. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by pissword
    otep pasensya ka na pero pa-react lang.

physicians who go on "moonlighting" generally go on 24-hour duties (that's more or less the industry standard). these physicians are commonly general practitioners but sometimes there are those who are finished with specialty training. the pay isn't exactly competitive compared to other post-graduate courses other than medicine (eg. MBA's). (note that medicine is a post-graduate course.) IMO, most 4-year college courses actually get to pay more for an 8-hour workday for less stress.

when i was in residency, we go on more than 36 hour duties every three days with a sked as follows: day 1 (duty day) time in at 6 am (walang uwian); day 2 (post-duty day) go home at past 6pm; day 3 time in at 6 am then go home past 6pm; then back to day 1. all that for 15K a month BEFORE taxes. then we'd have to deal with mostly irate patient's relatives (siyempre may sakit ang kamag-anak nila e) and sometimes we'd have to shell out from our meager salaries for the care and treatment of the sick patient. my wife at the time commonly spends 25-35% of her salary to buy medicines and rent equipment for her patients. in retrospect, i still can't imagine how i survived.

after residency and subspecialty training, i worked as an in-house anesthesiologist for a tertiary hospital in the metro. we went on duty for 24 hours a day every three days for 10K a month (BEFORE taxes).

if you're asking what's my point, sorry i have no point. i just felt like reacting. maybe the best point i can (umm...) point out is that this is perhaps why so many physicians are going to nursing and leaving the country.

(oh and lets not even talk about the malpractice bill which, should it be passed, some people are saying, would effectively require every doctor to pay a yearly malpractice insurance upwards of 50K.)

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    That's quite light. Right now my duty starts at 6am and ends 5pm the next day. The only time I'm actually off duty is between 6-7am the next day. So pretty similar with doc smooth's training schedule.

At least may Php 15K si doc smooth. Mas maliit ang binibigay dito sa amin. Halos minimum wage lang.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    how can we expect doctors to do their best kung ganyan ang sched? parang kahit na ba masanay na sa ganyang sched it would still take its toll on the body... why not shifting nalang talaga day/night?

ang hirap... kung ang doctors nga ganyan what more ang nurses. amen ako sa inyo

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Nurses only work 8 hour shifts (6-2/2-10/10-6). So sa isang duty, I actually see all the shifts.

Nurses are considered employees and are covered by labor laws. Residents, interns, clerks, and fellows are considered as trainees so the hospital can pretty much do as they please.

Nasasanay na din naman kami sa sched. Minsan lang talaga toxic.

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    sir pissword ..may friend ako sa UK ganyan din ang sched niya ..kahit hirap non una ay nasanay na din sia pero ngayon happy naman daw place ..
    lalo na daw pag payday...

9. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    ahh akala ko parang sa mga low cost hospital or yung parang mga san lazaro.. pgh etc type na hospital lang ganyan even ba sa st lukes or asian medical ganyan din talaga ang shifts ng mga MD?

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    training is all hard work,but you get used to it. underpaid nga lang.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Attn DOCTORS:  Looking for Moonlighters