New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by monty_GTV View Post
    may mga front suspension forks na may lock out feature, meaning pwede mo isara yung suspension niya to act like a rigid fork. you close it when you climb para hindi mahirap mag-pedal paakyat. may adjustment din ng sag o amount ng bounce, there's also rebound adjustment to control naman gaano kabilis yung talbog o pagbalik ng suspension sa normal position. tino tune yan para smooth ang rideAssembling a bicycle

BTT: i like doing kalikot the bike pero yung gusto ni kags na mag-assemble ng wheelset ang tingin ko mahirap, need the proper tool like truing stand. maiinipin din ako so not for me. most bike shops offer wheelset assembly naman, you can bring the rims, spokes and they build for you.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Exactly! Wheel building siguro yung last bike building/maintenance skill na kailangan mo matutunan. The basics would be:
    - bike cleaning/washing
    - tire unmounting/mounting
    - changing flat tire or inner tube
    - RD and FD tuning
    - brake tuning
    - brake pads replacement/alignment kung naka caliper or v-brakes
    - proper lubing of drive train

ito kasi yung kailangan especially if you do solo long ride (40km and above siguro can already pass as long ride? he he!

Then next would be:
    - repacking/repair/replacement of those bearings (hubs, BB, head set)
    - bleeding of hydraulic brake (if have one)
    - tuning of suspensions (rear and fork if have one) for sag and rebound (done based on the weight of the rider and discipline)
    - replacement of cables, etc.

Kung ikaw ay may upgraditis or GAS, baka mas madali mo matututunan ang mga yan. Assembling a bicycle

Sent from my INE-LX2r using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Feb 2014

the last skill you need is welding your own frame

don't get intimidated by wheelbuilding. you don't even need a truing stand. the frame/fork will do. just put some masking tape across then mark where the center is. parang rite of passage yan. you're not a real bike mechanic unless you know how to build a wheel

3. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    ^ i do all that except sa wheelset assy at bleeding ng brakes. i have not done bottom bracket install but kaya naman yun basta may tool na pang press fit o kaya threaded.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post

don't get intimidated by wheelbuilding. you don't even need a truing stand. the frame/fork will do. just put some masking tape across then mark where the center is. parang rite of passage yan. you're not a real bike mechanic unless you know how to build a wheel
    hard core level na when you've already building your own frame! astig!

I"m no bike mechanic... just a bike enthusiast and rider (the weak kind). Assembling a bicycle

and I would rather spend precious time out riding than building a wheel set or a frame. Will just have the experts do it for me. Assembling a bicycle

Sent from my INE-LX2r using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post

well done sir, ikaw na pala mismo nagbuild ng frame moAssembling a bicycle i like the locally made Ave Maldea rigid frames, i might order one soon and follow in the long queueAssembling a bicycle

this guy tried doing the wheelset assy using tapes on the fork and seat stays. rider lang din ako and will do minor diy kalikots, for serious things, i'll give the job to a mechanicAssembling a bicycle
    Sinubukan ko Magbuo ng Wheelset | Lacing and Truing - YouTube

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Meron pala japan surplus sa Valenzuela and kalookan.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    ^ sa area na iyan sa valenzuela nabili ang japanese curve bike ko about a decade ago. pinabili at sinakyan ng pintor namin na biker (astig din iyon kasi sumasali sa mga karera na kalayo-layo inaabot) papuntang las pinas na naka full racing gear siya. then pina restore ko sa kanya at ganda din ng kinalabasan.

eventually i gave it to our family labandera and til now ginagamit nila sa trece martires, cavite. i'd like to think nakakatulong sa kanila iyon.
    Last edited by baludoy; July 17th, 2020 at 07:07 PM.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112