New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    how did you manage to lengthen your arm, tito?
    I hide in a corner and zoom in using my phone.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    ^ i use a magnifying app on my phone

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
    I hide in a corner and zoom in using my phone.
    talagah!

well... i went to the eye doctor and had myself measured.
    she even accompanied me to the "store". "ninong, get this frame. it makes you look 10 years younger."

OT.
    after two years, that frame started getting sticky... holy cow! the camry dashboard syndrome!!
    heh heh.
    it would appear, that material used in dashboards, was also used in so many myriad of objects... including my nikon AF slr body..

4. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
    60k ata bro. 5k for the test. If you pass then pay the balance and straight to the OR you go.

First few hours instant clarity sa far sight pero near sight is blurred. Eyes are sensitive to bright lights and wind. Near sight will improve over a week.

In my wife's case she was operated on Thursday. She went back to work on Monday but kept seeing double while reading. A few days after that and everything was clear. The sensitivity will take time to heal. Your doctor will advise you on when it's safe to go swimming, etc.
    thanks bro!

Sent from my RMX2020 using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    I had poor eyesight as well I wear contact lens or eyeglasses. I wonder how much it will cost now if procedure was 60k 6years ago. Is there an age limit to take the PRK or Lasik procedure? I just fear that as we grow older the higher the risk and cannot take the procedure anymore.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Deestone View Post
    I had poor eyesight as well I wear contact lens or eyeglasses. I wonder how much it will cost now if procedure was 60k 6years ago. Is there an age limit to take the PRK or Lasik procedure? I just fear that as we grow older the higher the risk and cannot take the procedure anymore.
    Prices vary from 60k to more than 100k depending on the doctor and the clinic. The machine is expensive. It's literally a high precision laser gun and they use steel plates to test it.

I have uncles and aunts who had their eyes done in their late 50s and 60s. One was an avid windsurfer and he got fed up with losing his contacts when he wipes out. If your eyes pass the tests then you can proceed.

7. Join Date
    May 2019
    Sa mga friends ko na nagpa-LASIK ito ang common feedback ko na natatandaan..
    GOOD:
    1) Na-eenjoy na nila ang pagkain ng ramen [emoji501] (any hot food na may sabaw)
    2) Masaya na sila mag-shades ng iba't iba hindi lang stick sa transition eyeglasses..
    3) Bawas sa isang bagay na icheck kapag aalis ng bahay..

NOT SO BAD:
    1) Kailangan wag kalimutan ang pang-patak sa mata or else buong araw dry ang mata means maluluha ka madalas dahil mahapdi..
    2) Kapag nag-Samgyeopsal kami super lumuluha sila.. Ang hapdi daw sa mata.. I think sa mga lugar na mausok and poor ventilation
    3) Sensitive daw sa araw (tanghali) or sa intense light? (not sure dito isa lang yung nag feedback nito).. Sa hindi malabo mata nakakasilaw naman talaga.. Di ko gets masyado kung anong sensitivity ba yun..

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Deestone View Post

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk
    the prices are not etched in stone, po.
    they give significant discounts to some folks.

kung minsan nga,
    the machines sometimes get cheaper over time because of new technology or patent lapse or etc. this can translate to cheaper price of procedure.

also,
    if you want to enjoy its positive benefits more, you should have it done early.
    oh... consulta nah!
    Last edited by dr. d; June 27th, 2020 at 09:47 PM.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by misseksaherada View Post

NOT SO BAD:
    1) Kailangan wag kalimutan ang pang-patak sa mata or else buong araw dry ang mata means maluluha ka madalas dahil mahapdi..
    2) Kapag nag-Samgyeopsal kami super lumuluha sila.. Ang hapdi daw sa mata.. I think sa mga lugar na mausok and poor ventilation
    3) Sensitive daw sa araw (tanghali) or sa intense light? (not sure dito isa lang yung nag feedback nito).. Sa hindi malabo mata nakakasilaw naman talaga.. Di ko gets masyado kung anong sensitivity ba yun..
    mag-suot ng diving goggles.
    heh heh.

think of the eye surface as nagasgasan, kaya "raw". kaya sensitive.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by misseksaherada View Post
    Sa mga friends ko na nagpa-LASIK ito ang common feedback ko na natatandaan..
    GOOD:
    1) Na-eenjoy na nila ang pagkain ng ramen [emoji501] (any hot food na may sabaw)
    2) Masaya na sila mag-shades ng iba't iba hindi lang stick sa transition eyeglasses..
    3) Bawas sa isang bagay na icheck kapag aalis ng bahay..

NOT SO BAD:
    Kahit hinde naman nagpa lasik dapat talaga mag shades pag nasa araw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Anyone here tried LASIK?