New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    We got the G25 for only around $275... and that includes the ridiculous add-on tax here in the Philippines... the price is going down.

Hell... if you're going to do it, do it right the first time...

But the DFP is a very good wheel, too... and the six speed shifter with the G25 feels like a pretty flimsy piece of kit... I'd rather just use the paddles... but the pedals are much MUCH better than the DFP's.

Oh well... as long as it's got a good wheel... it's worth the price... and the Logitech wheels are among the best.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by RED XIII View Post
    I saw the site... the cars are awesome!! Few but still, well... the best there is and there was. He he...but I cant help but notice that just like in other popular Japanese made race games where they feature sports to supercars, there is Honda scarcity. Like the popular arcade game Wangan Midnite (have you guys played it? very nice huh?), no Honda at all. Maybe my tsinoy friend who works in a Japanese port is right, Honda is less popular in Japan when it comes to performance vehicles vs. other Japanese rivals-- like Fellow big 3- Nissan Toyota, and other top brands like Mitsu and Subaru.

By the way, I heard before that the GTR proto was going to be the cover of the game.. I guess they now settled to the actual GTR production. Hmm, maybe its because of the delay of the game's launching.
    Yep also noticed what you've said regarding that, well I think its simply bec. I think In Japan (your right) mas sporty ang dating ng other brands vs. Hondas.. dito locally baliktad, maybe it's bec. of the availability of performance cars in the market and due to our errr... let's just say conservative buying power.

Anyways I've heard all but good reviews about this game, can't wait to get one of these! and oh I also think the logitech G25 is one of the best vid game steering wheel to date!

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    San ba makakabili ng Logitech wheels na yan? Hopefully within the country....

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    San ba makakabili ng Logitech wheels na yan? Hopefully within the country....
    niky did say he bought their Logitech G25 in the Philippines.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If you guys wanna sample it out....

6. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    guys... got the logitech g25 sa vmall... 11500 cash 12k card...

got darn... really AWESOME!!!! After spending hours on it... I now prefer driving it than my real car! hahaha..... pretty convincing I set the steering rotation same as my evo which is around 790 degrees tho you can set it to 900 to mimic most cars.

btw, I'm playing Live for speed which is quite realistic... I spin out a lot except ontheir high end cars which prolly has some serious traction control.... anyways... can't wait to try Gran Turismo 5!!!

Worth it guys! manual transmission is great tho the shifter is very flimsy. Steering wheel and pedals are great.... tho Just bear i mind that it's now over a year old... baka gumawa na ng bagong version and logitach....

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Live For Speed is one of the best... but some people who've unlocked GT5P's "professional" mode say that in pro-mode, GT5P is comparable, or better.

Try looking up gtplanet.net... there's some discussion, I think, on how to 'stiffen' up the shifter. The soft action of the shifter is a big problem on the simulator rigs... people keep accidentally pushing it in and locking it in gear when in sequential mode. I prefer the paddles... they feel damn good.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
The All New Gran Turismo Game!