Mar 2009
    congrats !

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Galing galing! GO AZKALS!!

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Final score: 2-0

Congrats Azkals. Next game pala nila sa Mongolia na (March 15). Home turf naman nila, at malamig doon.....sana manalo ulit.

http://www.gmanews.tv/story/212610/c...in-vs-mongolia

Air Force left wing Emil Caligdong came through with a brilliant play in the first half then Phil Younghusband capped the Philippine Azkals’ performance by scoring a goal in injury time, towing the Pinoys to a 2-0 victory over Mongolia Wednesday night in their AFC Challenge Cup pre-qualifying match at the packed Panaad Stadium in Bacolod City.

Caligdong scored the first goal for the Azkals in the 42nd minute. The midfielder called by his peers as “Chieffy" eluded his defender then delivered the first point between the legs of the Mongolian goalie to the delight of the packed hometown crowd.

Younghusband, easily one of the most popular booters on the Azkals side, wasn’t contented killing the time away.

With three minutes in injury time, the former Chelsea player epitomized the team's relentless attack as he struck one right in between the Mongolian defense that all but sealed the win for the Azkals.

The 2-0 victory by the Filipinos give the Azkals enough cushion as they travel to Mongolia for the 2nd leg. Previously set Feb. 16, the second game was reset to March 15 as Mongolia plays host against the Philippines this time by virtue of the home-and-away format of this event. - OMG, Rey Joble, GMA News

4. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by chua_riwap View Post
    Final score: 2-0

Congrats Azkals. Next game pala nila sa Mongolia na (March 15). Home turf naman nila, at malamig doon.....sana manalo ulit.

http://www.gmanews.tv/story/212610/c...in-vs-mongolia
    Buti na lang marami tayong Fil-Europeans. Sanay sa lamig, so I hope they win again in Mongolia. Congrats Azkals. You just gave us some brightness amid all the recent gloomy news.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005

What a game last night. The Azkals were attacking their opponent's goal almost all of the time.....

12.2K:lawn:

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    kung pumasok yung 5 attempts ni ian araneta na lahat puro poste ang tama 7-0 dapat! hehehe....I could see frustration in his actions... pero ang galing parin....

7. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    looks like they've changed their strategy

dati defensive counter attack. ngayon using wingers(players sa gilid) to move tha ball then cross(long pass) to the center para goal.

mas efficient nga naman kesa yung dati na mas maraming depensa sa gitna kaya di sila masyado makaatake
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

8. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    oo nga.....mas offensive minded sila ngayon which I think is good...but the thing is kitang kita yung deficiency sa defensive end eh...may mga nakakalusot din....kamuka nung instance kay del rosario...kung di nya naunahan yung isang striker ng mongoloid goal yun for sure...

pero nakakatuwa si etheridge hehe...pumupunta sa gitna...parang gustong maka goal...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by locoroco777 View Post
    oo nga.....mas offensive minded sila ngayon which I think is good...but the thing is kitang kita yung deficiency sa defensive end eh...may mga nakakalusot din....kamuka nung instance kay del rosario...kung di nya naunahan yung isang striker ng mongoloid goal yun for sure...

pero nakakatuwa si etheridge hehe...pumupunta sa gitna...parang gustong maka goal...
    well, that is the drawback of the formation since mas spread sila ngayon di tulad ng dati na andami nila sa likod.

pero I'll be very surprised if they used 1-6-3(1 ang nagbabantay sa likod, 6 sa gitna, 3 sa harap) a.k.a. kamikaze
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

10. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    hehehe....I don't know very much about football... nasa transition period pa din ako...hehe.....di ko pa nga alam kung ano ibig sabihin nung offside eh...

pero judging from the name of the play...it really sounds exciting!

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
AFC Challenge Cup 2011: Go Azkals!