New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 60 of 61 FirstFirst ... 1050565758596061 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by jigs_xix View Post
    Dirk Nowitzki of the 2011 champions Dallas Mavericks - not that his teammates are injured but because he is the lone All-Star that carried his team to the championship. The Mavs beat the All-Star trio of James, Wade and Bosh who played healthy at their prime age. The Mavs won the series 4-2, winning Game 6 on the road. Nowitzki was named Finals MVP.
    What Mavericks team have you been watching in that finals? WOW Dirk defeated the Heat alone! Amazing!!!

You don't have a concept of a brand new team and how it affects their play no?
    Last edited by ClaNker; June 18th, 2015 at 10:44 AM.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    I think LBJ is correct naman. Si JKidd hindi ba all-star caliber, dapat pa nga 2001 MVP yan eh? Si Tyson Chanlder nag-allstar pa nung 2013 diba, World Cup at Olympic player pa nang Team USA. Hindi biro yun. Si Jet 6th man of the year pa before, 2007 iirc. They are not superstars like Dirk but they are very good compared to what the Cavs have during this finals. Kidd, Chandler malamang HOF pa aabot, sa Cavs na finals ngayon ala sa mga kasama ni LBJ papaok dun right now ha if their basketball career ends.
    He just blatantly written off the contributions of Terry, Marion, Chandler, Barea, & Kid in that finals.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by kisshmet View Post
    Better team beats the best player all the time
    Yup, kaya nga kakabilib sila Dirk noon eh. Total team effort, Miami relied on the big 3 too much. Kaya kinuha pa nila si miller at allen. hehe

4. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Kasama si miller sa 1st run ni lbj sa miami. Injured nga lang nung season hindi ko lang maalala kung nakapaglaro ba sya sa playoffs. Si haslem bumalik lang nung playoffs akala nila sya makakastop kay dirk parang nung 2006 finals.

Kay barea ako naaaar noon haha. Kada run ng miami biglang bobomba ng 3. Parang si patty mills lang last year.

Wala ding bench miami nun. Puro matatanda na naghahanap ng championship before retiring. Eddie house, mike bibby, juwan howard. Sama na rin si ilgauskas

-miami fan since wade era

5. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    si eddie house nag champion na yata siya nung 2008 boston celtics cmiiw.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ClaNker View Post
    What Mavericks team have you been watching in that finals? WOW Dirk defeated the Heat alone! Amazing!!!

You don't have a concept of a brand new team and how it affects their play no?
    Hahahahaha so what's the point of you asking for a team that won it all with a single star player on the roster? I just simply answered 2011 Mavs led by Dirk Nowitzki and they did it against the superteam Miami Heat.

Dirk have good role players but who can you really label as an All-Star caliber during that time? Kidd was past his prime, playing his 17th season (out of 19). Caron Butler got injured early that season. Chandler, acquired by Mavs via trade that same season, was DPOY (2012 NYK) and All-Star (2013 NYK) but we're talking about 2011 here. Terry, Barea, Marion were great role players but not as All-Star-caliber great.

If your comprehension to my answer to your question is 'WOW Dirk defeated the Heat alone!', then I won't be stooping down to that level. I'm here for an intellectual discussion.

So again, what's the point of your original question if we all know that basketball is a team game?
    Quote Originally Posted by ClaNker View Post
    Name me a best player in NBA that won a Championship alone? Meaning his best guys injured and he has to carry the game for the entire finals series.

7. Join Date
    May 2015
    Parang dota lang yan. Kahit sing galing mo pa si dendi kung wala kang suporta, di ka mananalo. Kaya di ako naniniwala na 1, 2 o 3 player lang nagpapanalo. Lahat yan may contri.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by jigs_xix View Post
    Hahahahaha so what's the point of you asking for a team that won it all with a single star player on the roster? I just simply answered 2011 Mavs led by Dirk Nowitzki and they did it against the superteam Miami Heat.

Dirk have good role players but who can you really label as an All-Star caliber during that time? Kidd was past his prime, playing his 17th season (out of 19). Caron Butler got injured early that season. Chandler, acquired by Mavs via trade that same season, was DPOY (2012 NYK) and All-Star (2013 NYK) but we're talking about 2011 here. Terry, Barea, Marion were great role players but not as All-Star-caliber great.

If your comprehension to my answer to your question is 'WOW Dirk defeated the Heat alone!', then I won't be stooping down to that level. I'm here for an intellectual discussion.

So again, what's the point of your original question if we all know that basketball is a team game?
    Wow we have a gifted genius on board. Pathetic ang reading comprehension mo iho.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by greenbeast View Post
    Parang dota lang yan. Kahit sing galing mo pa si dendi kung wala kang suporta, di ka mananalo. Kaya di ako naniniwala na 1, 2 o 3 player lang nagpapanalo. Lahat yan may contri.
    It all started from this.

Quote Originally Posted by kisshmet View Post
    The best player in the world failed to get the job done yet again
    One man can never get the job done.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    GSW is simply the best team in the finals... They won because of better ball movement/making adjustments.. Curry(season MVP) played sub par performance for the first 3 games.. And his teammates stepped up.. You cannot win with "one man doing it all"... (Spurs basketball proved that a year ago... When lebron had a "strong supporting cast in Miami) Cavs won game 2 and 3 without irving... And played close games in game 4 and 5 until the last half of 4th quarter lebron gassed out... Cavs may have won those games (1,4,5)... Its not a lopsided/one sided series vs "undermanned" cavs... So many isolated plays on lebron... Their only play is give the ball to lebron and wait for him to do things... Shoot or pass...no ball movement... All im saying is "lebron can get it done" its just that GSW is the better team in the finals... It makes me wonder if rockets faced the cavs instead of GS... Cavs will surely beat rockets in 5 games IMO with the same lineup w/o irving... The season is over! Let's wait for lebron to bounce back next year... Cavs is surely the best team/favorite to win in the East next season! Hope he stays in cavs and thompson/love also...