New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Thank you Ronnie Alcano for once again making all Filipinos proud once again. From barely making it to the round of 64 to being champion just shows how Filipinos can do great things when we really want to.

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    kudos to you Ronnie "Calamba" Alcano... you really made our country proud again! Keep it up... you'll be having more trophy to come!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    manager pala si alcano ay si.....

Manny Pacquiao

4. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Congratulations!!!

5. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Galing ni R. ALCANO, manang mana sa idol nyang si BATA...

Congratulations!!!

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by resmile View Post
    here's a video of what he did last week...meron na pala sa youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkecRYQDnAw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EmcM_AzItA

A$$Hol* talaga...
    What a Brat.....try nya punta sa local bilyaran natin tingnan natin ko di sya masaksak.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Congratulations!!!

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    from WPC website

[SIZE="2"]Souquet: Alcano Deserved The Glory[/SIZE]

RALF Souquet vowed to bounce back from the disappointment of losing the 2006 Philippines World Pool Championship final and insisted he could still win the title again.

Souquet lifted the trophy in 1996 but his 17-11 defeat aginst Ronato Alcano was the second time he had been beaten in the final (with the other occasion being in 2001).

However, the 37-year-old German admitted Filipino Alcano was a worthy winner of this year’s competition.

“He played awesome and really deserves the title,” said Souquet. “He has beaten all the big names and played great but I did everything wrong that I could’ve done.

“I had the first chance to run out a rack when the score was 9-2 against me. I had to play safe or push out every time and that’s really hard to be in control if you don’t find a rhythm. It’s a race to 17 so you think it’s going to change and there will be a point where you can win a few games and make him nervous.

“But he played better than I did. I made some really dumb mistakes and on top of that everything went his way, but that’s what happens.

“My goal is to be the World Pool Champion again and hopefully that can happen here in the Philippines. I think I have another ten years ahead of me where I could win this title once more and I guarantee I’m going to.”

The German was not happy about Alcano’s use of soft breaks and called for the rules to be changed.

Souquet said: “His soft break was working really well and almost every time he had a shot at the one ball - that made it easy for him to dominate the match.

“I’m not a big fan of soft breaks and whenever I can choose to break hard I will always do so. I would like to see a rule that says you have to hit the breaks hard but unfortunately it’s not in the WPA Rules and the players are allowed to use the soft break. But I’m not blaming the rules - I just don’t like it myself.”

An emotional Souquet burst into tears at the end but received great support from the sporting home fans who chanted his name.

“The Filipino crowds are always great,” said Souquet. “Of course everybody was routing for Ronato Alcano, which is understandable, but they also cheered for me when I won my games.

“After the match they showed their appreciation and I’m always glad when I have the opportunity to play a tournament here because the people are nice and speak English.

“It’s my dream to win the tournament here in the Philippines , maybe next year or in a couple of years. I wanted to win as badly as anybody in the building but it was not meant to be.

“In the Philippines, people are crazy, in a good way, about pool and I’ve definitely made a few new fans. I’m looking forward to coming back here next year.”

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Class act din si Souquet...

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by squatt3r View Post
    para na ding si Bata nanalo......bungal din at may bigote si Alcano

Swerte bungal sa bilyar.........

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314
2006 World Pool Championship