New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    What kind of back up system do you use for your PC?

Do you use external drives? Mirroring? Burning to CD/DVD?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Currently I am using a USB to SATA dock and internal SATA HDD as backup for my stuff at home.

At my office, my server has a daily data backup to USB flash drive (rotating between three flash drives) along with the server's HDD mirroring.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Personal files,- external drive.

Office Files (Emails, Reports, Studies et al) - IT takes care of it. However, I do my own backups on DVDs. There is a document retention policy in our office, though.

12.8K:toma:

4. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    I have one external drive for backing up my files. I plan to buy another one para exclusive lang sa mga photos ko

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Personal files,- external drive.

Office Files (Emails, Reports, Studies et al) - IT takes care of it. However, I do my own backups on DVDs. There is a document retention policy in our office, though.

Your DVD backups are kept over a year? No issues with CD-rot?

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Your DVD backups are kept over a year? No issues with CD-rot?
    I still have those DVDs since 3-4 years ago (office emails - against company policy... )

The last time I checked them, which was early this year,- the files are still intact....

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

I still have those DVDs since 3-4 years ago (office emails - against company policy... )

The last time I checked them, which was early this year,- the files are still intact....

How did you check your files? ... Did you just list them or did you actually opened them or tried copying them temporarily to another drive?

My defective CDs might show me the list of files/folders but fails to read/copy the actual file.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005

I copied a couple to my hard disk. Then, added them to my Outlook Mails Folder, and opened them using Outlook. I still can read my old emails....

9. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    i burn and verify files (mostly pics and videos) on taiyo yuden dvdrs. still good after a few years but also looking to add external hd, or just buy a bigger drive to add to my desktop.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    i have several external hdds for backups at home.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Your back up or external storage solutions for your PC?