New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I have 2 NAS. My work and personal files are on a Synology DS111 which backups to a Dlink DNS 323. An external USB drive serves as another backup for more critical files which I can take with me.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i have 250, 320 and 50 GB external USB-powered HD's ... all of them Freecom brand

250GB for photos
    320GB for ebooks, software, etc
    500GB for videos, normally used on WD Mediaplayer

3. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    I back also the hardware.. Using 2 laptops, 2desktop 500GB and 2TB HDD respectively.. Another PC used at home-theater with 500GB and 2TB HDD, dedicated for storing downloaded movies,****,music, pics and some not important media files.. If the HDD expires, i just replace it then copy the files from the other hardware..

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I bought a few of these when I last went to the US.

Western Digital My Passport Essential SE 1TB Metallic Blue Portable External Hard Drive WDBACX0010BBL-NESN
    • Form Factor: 2.5"
    • Interface: USB 3.0

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Backing up 10 computers on a Windows Home Server.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    my files are now in the Cloud. am future-proofing na.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by hondaboot View Post
    That's great if you're just working with file sizes up to a few MBs. But for bigger ones, it may not be as practical, given that bandwidth is still particularly expensive here. That and the proposed daily/monthly data volume capping by major telcos, coud hinder our direction towards cloud computing and storage.

I have a few essental files on Skydrive but that's it. I don't think I can use the cloud to backup a terrabyte or two worth of data. Not just yet anyway.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by hondaboot View Post
    Trying uploading to the "Cloud" hundreds of high quality photos that range in size of 2MB to 5MB each as well as video that range in size of 150mb to 4gb.

Then later try accessing them on the limited bandwidth that the local ISPs are pushing with their "fair use" policy. You would be lucky if you get to access them at all.

And once you have uploaded all of that, how sure are you the Cloud service provider will not go belly up in the next year or so?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Your back up or external storage solutions for your PC?