New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Got a demo unit from Wi-Tribe 4G.

My observation.
    1. Speedtest is 1MBPS
    2. Youtube, and other streming media sites - Excellent buffering, no chappy video and audio.
    3. Signal Strength - Excellent (Full bar -considering I'm on the outskirts of M. Manila)
    4. Does not share bandwidth with Voice not like other providers/competitors and the speed is almost constant.
    5. Downside - maximum of 3GB downloads/month on 1MBPS and will down shift to 512MBPS on the succeeding connections.
    6. One month deposit for the kit (modem and power supply), 24 months holding period.
    7. Modem can be hook to router for sharing.

Parang same modem family sila ng Globe Wi Max.

Okay na rin sana, kaya lang I'm tied up with Sun Broadband postpaid right now.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Mile2 View Post
    What I did was nanghiram ako sa mga officemates ko ng Sun, Globe at Smart USB modems and them bring it home and use them and compare which would be faster.

In my area, Sun Broadband gives me the best signal and speed 1-2MBPS. Surprisingly my area is not within the Sun Broadband coverage according to their website So, who would have thought that I can use Sun Broadband in my place? I'm probably a lone user in my area that's why I'm getting excellent signal and speed.
    Where is you locations?.. Thanks..

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jezreel View Post
    Yap!, kahit walang load puede ka magbrowse sa internet ng cp mo.

With regards to question #2, ano line mo, globe ka ba? Yun sakin kase globe na prepaid , manually configuration setting yung ginawa ko sa PC, pag postpaid ang alam ko wala ng settings yun automatic na yun sa PC kasi when I have my postpaid na suncellular na sim, wala na akong ginawang settings. Pag smart di ko kabisado, globe user kami lahat sa bahay, dyan lang kita matulungan.
    sir, pano to? would you happen to know how to connect a mac to the internet using a nokia? I tried changing the apn and everything pero wala pa din e.

i get connected pero no bytes received. =(

thank you! =)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Wireless Broadband provider, who gives the best overall deal?