New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mikmik316 View Post
    Sir Pekto I use WDDM ATI Drivers for X1600 sa RC2... mukhang ok naman... old version ba to sobra compared sa mga Catalyst drivers sa ATI? O you just want more control????
    The problem I have with my Vista Catalyst beta drivers is that I can't get 2x 1152 x 864 * 75hz for dual monitor. It could be a monitor misconfiguration. But, I think it's just the Catalyst drivers. For now, I have to be happy with 2048 x 768 * 85hz.

Add: Never mind. The very latest beta Catalyst Vista driver now allows 2304 x 864 * 75hz.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; December 23rd, 2006 at 03:25 AM.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Vista RC1 with Aero. I used to hate Moviemaker with a passion. Under Vista, it's the most stable version yet. I'm actually starting to like it. Windows DVD Maker is also ok as well as Windows Photo Gallery. Windows Sidebar is ok at higher resolutions and in a multi-monitor setup. The most welcome feature for me is the realtime drag and drop of files to dvd+/-r/rw. Vista with Aero at 2304x864 reduced to a screencap of 640x960. It's normally side to side. But, I have it top to bottom for space constraints here.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; December 23rd, 2006 at 08:53 AM.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Vista now has a standalone calendar app. Also for those who like Media Center, it's now bundled with Ultimate Edition:

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    my laptop comes with a sticker that says Windows Vista Capable. does this mean i won't have problem running windows vista in it?

re: Intel 950GMA, how can i allocate more ram for video?

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    my laptop comes with a sticker that says Windows Vista Capable. does this mean i won't have problem running windows vista in it?

re: Intel 950GMA, how can i allocate more ram for video?
    Through the bios. There should be a hotkey(s) for it as the laptop boots.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    cross your fingers na merong ganyan sa bios mo baka kasi driver-controlled yung allocation and you cannot force it to allocate RAM to VRAM permanently.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    cross your fingers na merong ganyan sa bios mo baka kasi driver-controlled yung allocation and you cannot force it to allocate RAM to VRAM permanently.
    99.9% of all the pc laptops and desktops I've seen have settings in the bios that allow manual/permanent allocating of ram for video. I mean, they may be buried under a layer or two of menus. But, they're there most of the time.The only laptops that may not have adjustable video ram settings may be the Apple Intel-based laptops since technically, they don't have a bios. I haven't played with one long enough to find out how they allocate video ram.

It's a possibility that some laptops with discrete graphics and dedicated video ram may not have the option. But then, they probably already have at least 128mb of video ram to start with. As for those with Intel-based graphics or those using shared memory, the settings in the bios have always been there.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; December 24th, 2006 at 04:44 AM.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    not buried... laptops have less settings to tweak inside the bios... desktops andun lahat ng options to tweak... d bale case to case basis lang naman yan e kaya cross your fingers na merong override function to put more RAM to VRAM permanently.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    not buried... laptops have less settings to tweak inside the bios... desktops andun lahat ng options to tweak... d bale case to case basis lang naman yan e kaya cross your fingers na merong override function to put more RAM to VRAM permanently.
    Uh. Nalimutan ko yung sasabihin ko. I still have a hangover.

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    ilan GB ba ang Vista?

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
windows vista