New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    Installed Win7 on my PC and am loving it! So far, everything works! It's way faster than my previous OS, WinXP. I actually never tried Vista since its release so I don't know the performance difference with Vista.
    [SIZE=3]Ang sabi sa aking nung sa PC store na bininilhan ko October 2009 pa release ng Windows 7. Anyway, since you already have it, ano ang minimum specs ng CPU inorder to install this version. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]TIA bro![/SIZE]

Last edited by jjmd3_787; September 5th, 2009 at 11:43 AM. Reason: tao lang po ...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^ Read the thread title. ;)

3. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    I think it could run (barely) on a PC with even lower specs than mine. But it needs a whole lot of HDD space; 15GB free space to be safe.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jjmd3_787 View Post
    [SIZE=3]Ang sabi sa aking nung sa PC store na bininilhan ko October 2009 pa release ng Windows 7. Anyway, since you already have it, ano ang minimum specs ng CPU inorder to install this version. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]TIA bro![/SIZE]

Run the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor to find out if your PC can still run Win7.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I still get that COM Surrogate error whenever I open a folder with mpeg 1 and 2 files in it. But, I can now stop the process from crashing Explorer via the Task Manager after adding it to Data Execution Prevention. I also dropped Divx in favor of Xvid.

The problem also showed mainly in Details view. Once I had individual windows set to List view, the crashes stopped. Hopefully, it's fixed when Win 7 goes retail. I like Details view.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; September 5th, 2009 at 09:01 PM.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Run the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor to find out if your PC can still run Win7.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en
    The upgrade advisor isn't entirely correct. Like in my case, I'm currently using Windows 7 RC 7100 on this laptop with only 768MB RAM when they say that it won't run with anything less than 1GB RAM. So far, I've had no problems with it. This laptop isn't even capable of running Vista! I tried it once and I won't do it again. Hehehe...at least that's proof that Windows 7 can run on lower-specced PCs unlike Vista.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by roberto_minosa View Post
    The upgrade advisor isn't entirely correct. Like in my case, I'm currently using Windows 7 RC 7100 on this laptop with only 768MB RAM when they say that it won't run with anything less than 1GB RAM. So far, I've had no problems with it. This laptop isn't even capable of running Vista! I tried it once and I won't do it again. Hehehe...at least that's proof that Windows 7 can run on lower-specced PCs unlike Vista.
    I have Vista Basic on an Athlon XP 1700+/GF Ti-4200/768mb ram. It seems to run ok. Basic requires only 512mb ram.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; September 5th, 2009 at 11:06 PM.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by roberto_minosa View Post
    I imagine that the Advisor is just being conservative. Running Win7 with just 768MB will only have enough headroom for an app or two. I installed the beta on a PIII laptop of 1GHz with a mere 640MB RAM, and it ran. But I don't think it will give me the same snappy response after I've installed several apps and have three or four of them open at the same time, an anti-virus in the background, and maybe a movie playing at a corner of the screen (I usually work this way :P)

To put things into perspective... My Firefox right now has 18 tabs open, and it's occupying a whopping 280+ MB of memory.
    Last edited by oj88; September 6th, 2009 at 12:16 AM.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    I still get that COM Surrogate error whenever I open a folder with mpeg 1 and 2 files in it. But, I can now stop the process from crashing Explorer via the Task Manager after adding it to Data Execution Prevention. I also dropped Divx in favor of Xvid.

The problem also showed mainly in Details view. Once I had individual windows set to List view, the crashes stopped. Hopefully, it's fixed when Win 7 goes retail. I like Details view.
    I installed the RTM 7600 version, so far, no errors reported yet.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Been using Win7 RC 7100 for the last 2 months.. the only problem i've encountered so far is with nod32 business ed.. twice pa lang naman nangyari na pag boot-up nya ay naghang pag naglo-load nod 32..

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Windows 7. Yes. On my Celeron with 768MB RAM.