New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Yes, I did the same thing, upgrade my oldest laptop first and evaluate from there... got my upgrade yesterday, may take me a month or more to discover its potential..

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I couldn't wait. Got it on all three computers in my den.

three-windows-10.jpg

3. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Already installed them in the family PC and my personal rig. Decided to still use Classic Shell despite the "return" of the start menu for the sake of convenience and customizability.

So far, it feels like Linux. Heck, even the shortcut for switching virtual desktop is copied from Linux environment.

Doesn't feel bloated. If anything, the flat color theme reminds me early versions of Windows <.<

And... Cortana doesn't work... yet.

If you guys are downloading manually, be sure to save it in flash drive in case you have multiple PC's.

And the upgrade doesn't always work. My bike mate has his installation corrupted.

I'm still hesitant to overclock this early as I might suffer from stability issues.

Last edited by safeorigin; July 31st, 2015 at 10:28 PM.
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    It doesn't really matter whether I have a Start Menu or not because of my computer habits. I usually have shortcuts nearby to often-used apps, making the Start Menu unneccessary. But, it's good not to have to have a separate Metro desktop.
    windows-10-desktop.jpg

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    If I download Win10 to a usb drive, can I use it to upgrade 2 laptops? One is running 7 and the other 8.1. Both are 64 bit versions.

I have the product key for 7 but do not have it for the 8.1 Both are original Win that came with the laptops. The 8.1 did not come with a Win authenticity sticker.
    Last edited by userfriendly; August 1st, 2015 at 03:13 AM. Reason: add info

6. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Using WIndows 10 now.

So far so good.

Glad to have the Start button back and the traditional power options. Just don't click the option to make this full page

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Using WIndows 10 now.

So far so good.

Glad to have the Start button back and the traditional power options. Just don't click the option to make this full page

7. Join Date
    Dec 2009

8. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by userfriendly View Post
    If I download Win10 to a usb drive, can I use it to upgrade 2 laptops? One is running 7 and the other 8.1. Both are 64 bit versions.

I have the product key for 7 but do not have it for the 8.1 Both are original Win that came with the laptops. The 8.1 did not come with a Win authenticity sticker.
    For 8.1, the product key is embedded in the bios.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    You can install Windows 10 while you're running both Windows 8 and 7 as long as they're activated.

Also, having Cortana not working yet is a good thing ;)

You can install Windows 10 while you're running both Windows 8 and 7 as long as they're activated.

Also, having Cortana not working yet is a good thing ;)
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

10. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Yes, this I discovered while I was tinkering with it yesterday, but golly... andami pa pala!

"Opting out of all these default settings requires navigating 13 different screens and a separate website, the bloggers have found."

Yes, this I discovered while I was tinkering with it yesterday, but golly... andami pa pala!

"Opting out of all these default settings requires navigating 13 different screens and a separate website, the bloggers have found."

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast