New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    On my netbook? Nope. I clicked on the Tray icon. It said the the upgrade was ready. However, the upgrade is still pending for both my main desktop PC and laptop.

Those who game (including me) on their PC probably shouldn't be in a hurry to upgrade. Wait for video drivers to catch up.
    I see, not a gamer though so I guess updating wouldn't be a problem. Hehe. Waiting game na lang.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Already installed it. To be honest, it's like a long overdue overhaul to make Windows as productive as Linux especially the multiple desktop.

You can download it manually here: http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...ionToolx64.exe

So far, the experience is a little better compared to Windows 8.1 with classic shell.
    Last edited by safeorigin; July 30th, 2015 at 06:52 PM.
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Would you recommend upgrading from Win7 to Win10? So far I'm happy with my 5 year old laptop running Win 7. No gaming. Used purely for surfing, excel and word.

Should I upgrade or not?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Would you recommend upgrading from Win7 to Win10? So far I'm happy with my 5 year old laptop running Win 7. No gaming. Used purely for surfing, excel and word.

Should I upgrade or not?

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by userfriendly View Post

Should I upgrade or not?

Should I upgrade or not?
    My exact same thoughts....

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by safeorigin View Post
    Already installed it. To be honest, it's like a long overdue overhaul to make Windows as productive as Linux especially the multiple desktop.

You can download it manually here: http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...ionToolx64.exe

So far, the experience is a little better compared to Windows 8.1 with classic shell.
    My son is upgrading his desktop from Win8.1 to Win10.... I asked him to do this first and evaluate for a month or so,- before he upgrades his high-end laptop....

Our other desktop, used by my other kid,- will remain Win7.

For me,- I would stick with Win7 for my laptop..... So, is wifey's laptop.....

"The measure of a man is what he does with power" LJIOHF!

27.1K _/_/_/_/_/:cow:_/_/_/_/_/

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Bro CVT, I am using surface with SAP GUI. Is it advisable to upgrade to Win10? Im worried that the corporate apps are not compatible with Win10 yet.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamur View Post
    Bro CVT, I am using surface with SAP GUI. Is it advisable to upgrade to Win10? Im worried that the corporate apps are not compatible with Win10 yet.
    hwag muna bro....
    if you have the time, better have it on a virtualized environment and test your SAP from there.

Quote Originally Posted by dreamur View Post
    hwag muna bro....
    if you have the time, better have it on a virtualized environment and test your SAP from there.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by userfriendly View Post

Should I upgrade or not?

Should I upgrade or not?
    the good thing with Win10 is that it is free.... sooner or later, Microsoft will announce that it will end its support for Win 7 and you would be left hanging.

i think kung basic office and surfing lang naman, there is no sense of holding on to Win 7.....

kung may gaming, i defer muna because of probable issues with video cards.... i have read an article where there are issues pa with the NVIDIA cards.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

My son is upgrading his desktop from Win8.1 to Win10.... I asked him to do this first and evaluate for a month or so,- before he upgrades his high-end laptop....

two things bro....
    backup....backup....backup....

and retain your existing Win 7 disk if in case you decide to go back.

Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

two things bro....
    backup....backup....backup....

and retain your existing Win 7 disk if in case you decide to go back.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    hwag muna bro....

hwag muna bro....
    Thanks bro. Will tell our IT to do that. Im dumb when it comes to IT.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast