New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    You can try disabling the password totally and try testing if you can connect.

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by wowiesy View Post
    ride on lang po ako dito.. i hope it's okay.. kung hindi naman.. i suppose transferring to a new thread is okay din...

i used to use a linksys router sa bahay... okay naman... problem ko lang is kapag may isang iphone na nakakabit, other iphones or mac have a hard time connecting sa wifi...

so i tested to use a buffalo wifi router (yung may abang na USB for external disk).... so far the iphone / mac issues have been addressed.. ang weird is, i also have a lenovo laptop (hindi yung thinkpad series, the other one)... hindi maka connect... laging wrong password daw (wpa-tkip) kahit sigurado na ako sa password na tama.. hindi pa rin tnatanggap... i tried connecting through wps.. fail din.... ano kaya pwede gawin?
    had also happened to my D-link serries N. yung acer laptop ko pwede but not my daughter's toshiba and wifi phone. ni-reset ko with NO password, hayun ok na lahat. di ko na nilagyan ulit ng password dahil wala naman akong alam na may wifi capable sa mga neighbors namin.

to answer TS question... very significant ang difference nila in terms of coverage. yung sa akin pwede ko pang gamitin sa labas ng bahay with 3-bars sa connection indicator.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    In my case, I use my N router without password but I enabled MAC number security as alternative to WPA security which is having problems.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    kung walang WPA password but with mac filter... meaning i have to register manually yung mga mac addresses ng mga machines that i allow to use the wifi at home before they can use it?

hindi kaya uubra na tipong AND/OR? like for machines i'm having trouble with connecting through WPA-TKIP, i'll force the MAC FILTER to take over, while for those that have the right password, hindi na kailangan setup yung MAC FILTER?

got relatives kasi who visit often during the day (habang wala ako sa bahay) and they use wifi ...

5. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    kung walang WPA password but with mac filter... meaning i have to register manually yung mga mac addresses ng mga machines that i allow to use the wifi at home before they can use it?

hindi kaya uubra na tipong AND/OR? like for machines i'm having trouble with connecting through WPA-TKIP, i'll force the MAC FILTER to take over, while for those that have the right password, hindi na kailangan setup yung MAC FILTER?

got relatives kasi who visit often during the day (habang wala ako sa bahay) and they use wifi ...
    hindi pwede bro yun unless me settings sa router mo na pwede mong palitan yung WPA password mo. thru MAC na lang kaso kelangan mo manual configure lahat ng laptops or desktops na me wireless card sa router para makapasok sila. or testing mo yung WPA2 baka umubra.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    I have been using TPLINK brand routers for a few years and so far it's been a good experience.

What kind of N router did you get? N-Lite or N? N-Lite only get a max throughput of 150MBs while N gets 300MBs
    nlite lang po ata. i remember 150mbps e. cost is 1.6k . yong 300mbps nasa 4k+ na ata.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002

The MAC filter cannot be used in a "and/or" with the WPA. So either you get the WPA working or use the MAC filter. IF relatives visit often, then you should input their computer's MAC number into your router's MAC list.

If not, you might have to fall back to WEP security. Downside, WEP security means you cannot use "N" protocol and speed.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by african888 View Post
    nlite lang po ata. i remember 150mbps e. cost is 1.6k . yong 300mbps nasa 4k+ na ata.
    Ah ok. N-Lite is fine if you don't need to move big files around your network. In my case, I got the more expensive TPLINK N router with 3 antennas because I wanted to get faster data movement from PC to PC.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    wala din password yung router ko but i use the MAC FILTER the other way around.

minsan kasi, madami friends ng anak ko ang nasa bahay using wifi. so instead of inputting their mac #, i block unwanted connections na lang using a MAC scanner..

so far, 4 pa lang yata ang nablock ko since last year..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
wifi router n question