New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Mikaztro, AFAIK eh may free wifi connectivity sa lahat ng Robinson's malls dito sa MManila.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by falalofasion View Post
    via BT not working InfraRed & cable only!!!
    dunno with you, for me, i usually use BT.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by happy_gilmore View Post
    Internet connection yan via GPRS. same principle as PLDT WeRoam. the only difference is that you are using your phone as a modem, connecting to the Internet, instead of doing a dial-up or a WiFi search.

your phone can connect to the internet via GPRS and it can also browse (using the WAP browser or an Internet browser). what this does is just transfer the browsing to your computer instead of the phone.

yes... the rate is P 10/30 minutes.

and this can be done via a direct cable connection (which is sometimes included with the phone) or via BT. although the latter offers a more stable connection.

don't expect speed though. connection speed averages around 9 kbps.... pang mobility lang talaga.

Very well explained, happy_gilmore

4. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by falalofasion View Post
    via BT not working InfraRed & cable only!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by happy_gilmore View Post
    dunno with you, for me, i usually use BT.
    Any of these three connections would do. Since my laptop has no infrared, I either use the cable or bluetooth.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Libre ang wi-fi sa shell magallanes

6. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    I agree.. Im using my n70 to connect to internet, 3G kasi kaya mabilis there are two ways to connect, you must have a bluetooth or a usb data cable and the most important thing is you are a smart subscriber, it will cost you P10.00/30 minutes tipid na, ok pa diba? The problem I got so far is, I couldnt access yahoo messager..

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    got this from another forum. you guys might be interested.

http://www.philmug.ph/forum/showthread.php?t=17095

FYI.

For all those asking, here are the mechanics of SmartBro's Wi-Fly offer:

The Smart Bro tie-up with Airborne Access (AA) is the very FIRST value-added service of Smart Bro that is offered to all active subscribers under Plan999 for a very low price of P99 per month. The subscriber can now access the internet anywhere there is an Airborne Access hotspot.

PROMO PERIOD:
    16 October 2006 - 15 January 2007

PROMO MECHANICS:

The P99 WiFly Promo will only be available with a lock-in period of six (6) continuous months. Pretermination fee applies when subscriber requests for disconnection before the contract ends. (99 x remaining months = WiFly PTF)

· After the promo period, the regular price of WiFly is P199.

· Smart Bro subscribers under Plan 988 and 788 shall request for plan upgrade (to WF999) before they can avail of the promo, therefore they can only apply for WiFly at the Wireless Center.

· Smart Bro subscribers under Plan 788 who upgrade to WF999 will have one month FREE of Airborne Access service. This free month will be applied on the 6th month.

· The P99 rate will be reflected on the bill from the next cycle cut-off.

· WiFly subscription forms are delivered to all Smart Bro subscribers as direct mailers enclosed with the monthly billing statement. These forms are also available at the Wireless Center, and Smart Bro website.

APPLICATION PROCEDURE:

Subscriber calls *1888 or 6727277 to inquire about WiFly. The customer service rep will give the necessary info about the promo.

Documentary Requirements that will be sent through Email / Fax
    i. Fully accomplished WiFly Application Form with signature of account owner
    ii. Proof of Identification

Email Address: customercare*smart.com.ph
    Fax Numbers: 8488870 or 8488807

WiFly activation process:
    i. 24 hours after submission of complete requirements, subscriber shall visit the website of Airborne Access (www.airborneaccess.net) for registration. There's a link to activate your Wi-Fly account.

ii. Subscriber shall use the Service Reference Number and Account Number as Username and Password respectively to log in.

iii. After logging in, subscriber has the option to change the username and password for his/her WiFly account.

AFTERSALES

· For Technical concerns on WiFly service, subscriber may call the Airborne Access hotline: 633-WiFi (633-9434) or send SMS to 2968. SMS format: ASK (space)AIRBORNE(space)MESSAGE

· Disconnection of Smart Bro service, whether voluntary or not, will entail the deactivation of WiFly.

· Pro-rata and Rebates will not be applicable for WiFly.

Download Wi-Fly application form here -
    http://www.smart.com.ph/SMART/Servic...ation_Form.htm

8. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanocampo View Post
    I agree.. Im using my n70 to connect to internet, 3G kasi kaya mabilis there are two ways to connect, you must have a bluetooth or a usb data cable and the most important thing is you are a smart subscriber, it will cost you P10.00/30 minutes tipid na, ok pa diba? The problem I got so far is, I couldnt access yahoo messager..
    Same problem with YM access.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2003
    I think I read in tipidpc or pinoypc before that you need to change one of your connection setting for it to work with ym. firewall with no proxies?

10. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Yup, punta ka lang sa PREFERENCES ng YM, go to CONNECTION, and select FIREWALL WITH NO PROXIES and click OK. Oks na oks na yan.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
WiFi Access