New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Here, there's no pretension about surfing mainly to chat, email, IM, or just plain surf and socialize. That's why the majority of the customers at the nearest coffee shop are high school students along with college students.

It has to be socializing because just about every house here in our area have fast DSL or cable broadband. Most people can surf from the privacy of their own homes. Yet, they choose to surf at the coffee shop where the minimum order costs at least $3.

I saw the same thing in Japan and Europe as well. If the Philippines is headed towards the same trend then, more power.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Someday, all of us will be carrying a gadget that will be a combination or convergence of personal communicator(cellphone), personal digital assistant and organizer, credit card, multimedia, games/entertainment, laptop and other emerging technologies.... So, these wifi hotspots are leading the way to such integration....

I see our kids going to local universities, with just this gadget....

Oooppss,- mukhang OT na....

5808:bee:

3. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    er... ako madalas mag-surf sa coffee shop. i do it mostly to kill time. i don't have a regular desk job. usually, i go to several places in the metro during the day. sometimes, meron ako 1 to 1.5 hours to kill in between appointments kaya nag-s-surf na lang ako sa coffee shop. also, i'd rather surf sa coffee shop using my laptop kasi dun na naka-save ang mga bookmarks ko and all (rather than surfing at an internet shop).

yikes ngayon ko lang naisip na may mga tao palang nagiisip na pasikat ang ginagawa ko para masabing "in" and nakapag-surf sa coffee shop. (honestly, eye-opener sa akin yun; may mga tao palang ganun mag-isip.)

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by smooth View Post
    er... ako madalas mag-surf sa coffee shop. i do it mostly to kill time. i don't have a regular desk job. usually, i go to several places in the metro during the day. sometimes, meron ako 1 to 1.5 hours to kill in between appointments kaya nag-s-surf na lang ako sa coffee shop. also, i'd rather surf sa coffee shop using my laptop kasi dun na naka-save ang mga bookmarks ko and all (rather than surfing at an internet shop).

yikes ngayon ko lang naisip na may mga tao palang nagiisip na pasikat ang ginagawa ko para masabing "in" and nakapag-surf sa coffee shop. (honestly, eye-opener sa akin yun; may mga tao palang ganun mag-isip.)
    kaya ako para hindi masabing pasikat, dala ko lagi tong gadget ko na ito pag nagsu surf sa mga coffee shop!

http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/5...97f85e6cj6.jpg

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by smooth View Post

since you have explained that you do it to kill time, then hinde ka kasama doon sa mga taong nagpapasikat diba?

so no need to be so defensive about it... lumalabas tuloy na mukhang guilty ka...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Wi-Fi sa coffee shop etc..