New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I installed it using the boot CD. No dual boot used. No problems.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hmmmmm

baka mali lang pagkaburn ko. hehehe

ayos ba ung xandros? pano ako mag iinstall ng mga apps? madali lang ba? pwede bang direct install na nung mga apps ng windows? o may separate installer ung pang linux/xandros. ung ibang apps kasi may separate pang linux. since mukhang hi-tech na tong xandros baka pwede na diretso.... hehehe.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    unfortunately I was just trying different flavors of linux because of the licensing push of MS. I didn't get very far into getting applications ported over from MS to Linux though. If I remember correctly, most of the "plug & play" Linux already has some word processor and spreadsheet apps included.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ah ok. most of the apps na kelangan ko naman e designed for linux, kaso lang ang problema kelangan ko mag dl ulit. hay buhay.

BTW. how do you burn the installer CD? what i did is i extract the iso file and burn it into a blank CD. i dont know how to burn iso files. hehehe

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by fLaKeZ
    BTW. how do you burn the installer CD? what i did is i extract the iso file and burn it into a blank CD. i dont know how to burn iso files. hehehe

to burn an ISO file to CD, simply use your software (I use NERO) and choose burn CD from file option. The resulting CD will be a copy of the original source CD.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    you burn iso files using alcohol120% or daemon.hindi pwede yung ordinary nero =)

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    wouldnt it result to an ISO file? or it will extract itself while burning in to the cd? i remember i tried burning an iso file before but the result is still an iso file. hehehe. anyways, thanks. i guess i'll just have to try it again.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i tried alcohol (free to try for 30 days)

boot cd na labas niya.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Why not Linux? (WinXP + MS Office Pro cost P28,700)
    Well, for one thing, games made natively for Linux are far too few in number. For those that run under WINE, I'd have to jump through hoops setting each one up rather than a simple doubleclick in XP. 3rd party apps are also far too few. I do quite a bit of video-editing. I haven't yet seen a video-editing app for Linux that's as feature-packed or even as capable of running stable as those in XP and the Mac. I've tried a demo of Cinerrela(?) before and that thing crashed within a few minutes.

Another irritation I've encountered in the past with Linux is the repeated dependencies on top of dependencies when all I want to do is update a piece of software. Granted, I was using Mandrake (rpm). But even updating in Debian-based distros (deb) is still not as easy as in XP.

Having said those, I have used the freebie Mandrake since version 6 and have boxed distros of SUSe 7.1 and 8.1. Right now, I've started using Linux LiveCD's instead of installing them outright. I use Linux mainly for surfing when I feel like using Linux. The relatively low number of excellent commercial 3rd-party apps makes it less than compelling for now, free or not.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    thanks glenn, hanap ako niyan.

Why not Linux?  (WinXP + MS Office Pro cost P28,700)