New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Hi. Can anyone recommend a shop that offers reasonable prices for mobile phones (Preferably in Makati or Ortigas)? I do know that some shops could sell exactly the same mobile phone and yet differ in prices. I think my friend told me that prices are higher at semicon.

I only need a basic phone (can anyone recommend a model) for texting and calling. No need for other features since I plan to give it to someone old so it has to be really user friendly (sorta like 3310). Getting a plan to avail of a free phone is really not an option for me.

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    Hi. Can anyone recommend a shop that offers reasonable prices for mobile phones (Preferably in Makati or Ortigas)? I do know that some shops could sell exactly the same mobile phone and yet differ in prices. I think my friend told me that prices are higher at semicon.

I only need a basic phone (can anyone recommend a model) for texting and calling. No need for other features since I plan to give it to someone old so it has to be really user friendly (sorta like 3310). Getting a plan to avail of a free phone is really not an option for me.

Thanks!
    If you would travel a bit further, you can go to Greenhills and grab a bargain at the celphone tiangge there. A few months ago, i was looking for a phone to replace my dad's aging unit. The preferred unit price at semicon was at least P2K more than what I paid for at the tiangge, both brand new with the same accessories.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008

Thanks!
    i would say , nokia 1200 or nokia 1208 will be a good buy for you.

price range is from 1,500 - 2,000

try at greenhills.

just make sure there's an ntc mark at the back of the phone.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I'll get those models. That really fits my budget!

Do they have warranty at GH? If it's tiangge style they might transfer from one place to another?

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Sure they offer warranty at Greenhills, just not as extensive as those offered at the more established retailers (1 week or 1 month, 3 months maximum). Depends on the stall really, although there are certain shops that seem to be accredited by the leading brands, so I'd assume those shops offer the standard warranty.

But who cares about the short warranty if the phone is ridiculously cheap to replace, anyway?
    Last edited by Bogeyman; October 9th, 2008 at 12:35 PM.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    you might like to take a look at sony ericsson T230/T250. i believe they are within the price range of 2k-3k.

http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_ericsson_t250-1985.php

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'll get those models. That really fits my budget!

Do they have warranty at GH? If it's tiangge style they might transfer from one place to another?
    They give you a contact number so you can find them when they move around. Anyway, if the fone is under P2500 in value, I don't think warranty is that heavy an issue. But if you insist of having a non-tiangge store, there are shops located along the bridgeway which sells the same units at slightly higher prices.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Oo nga no If it breaks down it would be too much hassle to go to GH. hehe.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Oo nga no If it breaks down it would be too much hassle to go to GH. hehe.
    well, unless you are buying a used celfone, I don't think there is a danger of the fone breaking down.

10. Join Date
    May 2007

Thanks!
    if you happen to be in the Makati area... i might be able to help you... my brother has a couple of cellphone stores in Park Square, Greenbelt 1 and Market, Market... prices are comparable to that of Greenhills... just send me a PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Where to buy a mobile phone