New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Hi peeps,

So far, all stores that i've asked don't have it in stock; the one shop that offered it on order basis sobra naman taga B). Can anyone suggest any shops?

btw, the newer Desires should be sporting the Super LCD screen instead of AMOLED right? How can you tell the difference?

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    I have a desire with an SLCD instead of AMOLED.

I've yet to meet up with my friend who has an AMOLED unit so I can't really give an info on the difference. However, I played around with a Galaxy S which has an S-Amoled screen. There's a big difference in the contrast. Colors on the AMOLED are more 'vibrant' than the SLCD. However, unless you view the SLCD along side the AMOLED, you won't notice SLCD's shortcoming.

All in all, I'm pretty much happy with how my SLCD screen looks like...

TO find out if you've got an SLCD or AMOLED unit, check the box. If the box says "AMOLED", you've got amoled. If the box says, "3.5 inch display" then you've got SLCD.

Anyway, the Desire HD and Desire Z are already coming out. You may want to wait for those.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    i read somewhere that AMOLED screens are less durable than Super LCDs...although supposedly the Super AMOLED is sturdier. i'm not really that particular with the display though; just wondering if the superLCD is a bit cheaper than the AMOLED version.

Is the Desire Z ROM-compatible with the Z-less Desire? The reason why i'm considering HTC is that they tend to come up with Android OS updates real fast -- so i guess in a way it's a future-proofing feature. i'm pretty confident that, at least for Froyo, the Desire will get one -- some sites are already offering procedures on how to update the Google Nexus One, w/c i believe is the Desire's twin.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    The desire got the froyo treatment sometime in July this year. However, if the phone is branded, the froyo OTA will come a little late since the phone will be downloading the update from the cell company.

My desire is a gray unit that came from 3-mobile uk. I got my Froyo OTA early October.

The only complaint I have about my desire is the memory. I only have 174MB of main storage. Out of that 174MB, 1/2 of it is already consumed by the HTC Sense applets and other things such as your inbox, etc. This leave around 80mb to install apps on.

When my unit was still running 2.1, I had no choice but to install apps in the main memory, which quickly got filled up. When I finally got my 2.2 update, the OS now allowed SOME apps to be moved from main memory to the SD card. However, there are still apps which stubbornly refuse to be moved.

Note that there are already backdoor solutions to this limitation, but all would require rooting the phone, which I am not yet itching to do.

I think the HD and Z come with a bigger internal memory which would allow you to install more apps without having to micro-manage your storage.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Im also scouting for HTC here , to replace my cybershot camera phone. Options ko din ay HTC Desire HD or Z. (Kahit tinutukso ako ng mga kasama ko na Iphone at BB fanatics).. Yun pala, ilo-launch na sa Pinas...

http://www.techpinas.com/2010/11/htc...-desire-z.html

6. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Waahhhh!! Kakainggit!
    I was planning to wait for the Desire HD. Pero unfortunately, my stupid SE Xperia X1 decided to just DIE on me prematurely.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    fyi, HTC has a booth at SM Megamall bldg 1 ground floor; prices are not the cheapest i've seen, though not the priciest. Still no sign of the Desire HD, just the Desire Z(28k+)

i just read that google repackaged the Nexus One as the "official" developer phone; isn't this basically the Desire without the optical trackpad? i'm leaning more towards the Desire 'coz of the promise of updates, though i'm not sure for how long Google will support their official developer phone...all the more when all rumors tend to suggest they're going with samsung on the nexus 2/nexus S

8. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    OT: specs of the new Nexus S phone is out: it's basically the Galaxy S, but with an HD camcorder and LED flash.

hmmm, looks like i'm back to that fork in the road: Desire or Galaxy S na lang? Decisions, decisions...

9. Join Date
    May 2009
    Try mo sa ambassor na shop. in park square 2 near dusit hotel. for me they had reasonable price for cash buyer as well as intallments.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    thanks..i went asking around in their V-mall branch, la pa ung HD.

Sabi ng HTC Philippines mga ~37k, too rich for my blood; sa US around $700 31k lang dapat.

Based on the news i've been getting, Gingerbread updates(unofficial ones) are already underway for existing HTC phones; at this to the previous statement Google made that Nexus One will get Gingerbread, and i'm more or less sure the Desire will get it. Ewan ko lang after Gingerbread :p

where to buy HTC Desire