New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    hmm...the Intel Core Duo/ Core 2 Duo processors have two processor cores on a single die; ang alam ko sa AMD ganyang style din. So either way you get two processors on a single physical chip.

Ewan ko lang sa performance, but i think the Core 2 processors have lower power consumption compared to AMD or Core Duo processors.

This is only in relation to the MSi Wind12 U200/U210 netbooks.

MSI Wind12 U210x:
    AMD Athlon™ Neo X2 Dual-Core L335 1.6GHz

MSI Wind12 U200x-S35
    Intel Core2 SU3500 ULV 1.4 GHZ

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    In a portable PC, having an Intel Core 2 Duo would mean a very short battery life.
    My Toshiba Satellite A215-s4757 has an AMD 1.8ghz Turion X2 and a merely acceptable SATA 4200rpm hard drive. Yet, battery life with the six-cell is about an hour and half tops. Add a nine-cell and it may go up to two and a half hours. It's a far cry from the three, four, or even five hours of many Intel laptops.

I didn't mind. I always used it only when plugged in anyway.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    My Toshiba Satellite A215-s4757 has an AMD 1.8ghz Turion X2 and a merely acceptable SATA 4200rpm hard drive. Yet, battery life with the six-cell is about an hour and half tops. Add a nine-cell and it may go up to two and a half hours. It's a far cry from the three, four, or even five hours of many Intel laptops.

I didn't mind. I always used it only when plugged in anyway.
    At TipidPc forums, there are a bunch of guys who own MSi U210x units. They claim long battery life with their units.

Anyway, I plan to get one for myself soon.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    At TipidPc forums, there are a bunch of guys who own MSi U210x units. They claim long battery life with their units.

Anyway, I plan to get one for myself soon.
    Aren't those sort of large netbooks? My Toshiba laptop is a big fat horse compared to those.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    Aren't those sort of large netbooks? My Toshiba laptop is a big fat horse compared to those.
    Yup! The U210x is one of the bigger "netbooks" with it's 12 inch screen but ironically lighter than my existing U100+ netbook. Comparing measurements, the U210 is about two or so inches wider but only an inch longer.

This might be my last "upgrade" for my personal portable PCs for a while since this netbook is powerful enough to do 1080i high def video playback which is one of my goals for my personal portable PCs. Chances are, my first mod would be to replace the original HDD with the 500gb mobile SATA HDD I already have.

One disappointment though, no bluetooth for U210x units released in the Philippines. I know USB BT adapters are cheap (P250 from CDRKING) but it would be nice to have it already built into the netbook instead of taking up space in one of the USB ports.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; November 20th, 2009 at 02:01 AM.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    One disappointment though, no bluetooth for U210x units released in the Philippines. I know USB BT adapters are cheap (P250 from CDRKING) but it would be nice to have it already built into the netbook instead of taking up space in one of the USB ports.
    I have one of this under a different brand for my laptop. It's so small I can't remember where I put it.

I'm sure it's in the computer room somewhere. Not to worry. It has a strap secured to it.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
When is the right time to buy a loptop? During Christmas Holidays or by January na?