New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    Before I had a desktop computer, I had this before buying a Commodore 128
    PC3:

It's a glorified programmable (BASIC) calculator. If this is considered a computer, then it would be my first computer (1983-84)
    http://oldcomputers.net/trs80pc1.html
    Ooooh, yes! I had an FX-750P circa 1987.

I used it to write BASIC programs for math questions during quiz shows, trying to solve them programmatically before the time limit. That was fun!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    Talk about the 80's. Was that based off that Tom Selleck/Gene Simmons movie, Runaway?
    YouTube - Gene Simmons in Runaway (1984) (HD)
    Nope... the spider robot my friend made was a mobile platform that is about four to five feet in diameter depending on the leg cycle position. It uses only two motors to move all the legs so it's kinda tank-like in moving and steering.

Sensors fitted gave it ability to "sense" objects and obstructions.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    ^^ (A bit of OT) Speaking of hand-held computers, I had a couple of "1st generation PDA's'" also... the Casio Digital Diary (SF9000 and SF4300R) during the early 90's. Both are dead now. Several years later, I had five more Palm PDA's (Palm Pilot Pro, Palm III, Palm Vx, Palm T|E and Palm TX). Now, I'm using a smartphone with Windows Mobile 6.1.

SF-9000 shown below. I was the envy or the nerd back then... depending on which angle you look at it from. :D

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Nope... the spider robot my friend made was a mobile platform that is about four to five feet in diameter depending on the leg cycle position. It uses only two motors to move all the legs so it's kinda tank-like in moving and steering.

Sensors fitted gave it ability to "sense" objects and obstructions.
    OT
    Ah, ok.

I briefly had an interest in robotics after watching that movie. Then I remembered I preferred the Earth sciences......

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    ^^ (A bit of OT) Speaking of hand-held computers, I had a couple of "1st generation PDA's'" also... the Casio Digital Diary (SF9000 and SF4300R) during the early 90's. Both are dead now. Several years later, I had five more Palm PDA's (Palm Pilot Pro, Palm III, Palm Vx, Palm T|E and Palm TX). Now, I'm using a smartphone with Windows Mobile 6.1.

SF-9000 shown below. I was the envy or the nerd back then... depending on which angle you look at it from. :D

Hey, I had this for many years in my late high school and into my college years and even into my post college years. I even remember inputing the math formulas into it to help me remember.

I still preferred the Casio Digital Diary over the Palm-PDA I was given.

I even bought the software and hardware to transfer the data to and from the PC.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; September 2nd, 2009 at 11:16 AM.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    I still preferred the Casio Digital Diary over the Palm-PDA I was given.

I even bought the software and hardware to transfer the data to and from the PC.
    Oh, to me the move to PalmOS was a joy in almost every aspect... more intuitive/simple to use, tons of applications, huge memory (at the time), Graffiti, and a back-lit touchscreen! Having almost one model from every Palm generation stands witness to my satisfaction with Palm.

Yeah, I also bought the PC Link software in HK for my digital diary. It came with an RS-232 (DB25 and DB9 reversible connector) to 2.5mm mini-plug cable.

Hahaha! I'm damn old... but proud, nevertheless.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2008

what year was this? is this the years when scientific calculators are like mobile phones now, that was being hablot by snatchers, then snatchers make sell of the calculators for lower prices, kwento lang in erpats victim siya ng pagnanakaw ng calculator in college (UST), then the snatcher was selling it to him the next day for P50 hahaha stupido.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by aejhayl17 View Post
    what year was this? is this the years when scientific calculators are like mobile phones now, that was being hablot by snatchers, then snatchers make sell of the calculators for lower prices, kwento lang in erpats victim siya ng pagnanakaw ng calculator in college (UST), then the snatcher was selling it to him the next day for P50 hahaha stupido.
    LOL.. Well, yeah. As an engineer, we were highly dependent on scientific calculators. And with the meager allowances we had, it wasn't easy to replace. Though, I never lost a single calculator to theft.

During the Pepsi "349" fiasco, of which I won one cap, I used the cash proceeds to replace my old Sharp scientific calc to the then state-of-the-art Casio FX-5000F. This baby got me through senior high and the whole of college. :D What with the 128 built-in formulas as well as it being programmable, my professors didn't had a chance.
    Last edited by oj88; September 2nd, 2009 at 02:27 PM.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    LOL.. Well, yeah. As an engineer, we were highly dependent on scientific calculators. And with the meager allowances we had, it wasn't easy to replace. Though, I never lost a single calculator to theft.

During the Pepsi "349" fiasco, of which I won one cap, I used the cash proceeds to replace my old Sharp scientific calc to the then state-of-the-art Casio FX-5000F. This baby got me through senior high and the whole of college. :D What with the 128 built-in formulas as well as it being programmable, my professors didn't had a chance.

OT:
    hehe hindi niyo naman po sir sinagot yung tanong ko, kung anung taon po ito? hehehe

my dud was abled to bust that snatcher and took back his "priceless" calculator it was 1980's. "priceless" because he cannot replace it with his P7 allowance daily(sa dapits lang nakatira), and as an enginner, calculators was one of his priceless possessions.

anyways, share ko na din para di ot, i know, calculators are classified as computers as well? cause it does have chips like PC's have, do computations in numericall format like computers do,and have 0 and 1 as their ancient languages hehehe hirap maging i.t.

please do correct me

10. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by aejhayl17 View Post
    OT:
    hehe hindi niyo naman po sir sinagot yung tanong ko, kung anung taon po ito? hehehe
    Oh, early to mid 90's.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
What's your first computer and OS???