New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    ^^ Yep..dont need to reformat. Its also good to DIY, so you're knowledgeable on how to fix these problems.

Boss, also try this. This will scan your computer performance. You can see where you're having problems with this also. http://www.pcpitstop.com/ Try the test n see how it goes.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    baka naman may problem sa shells lang? Kase di ba pag nagright click niloload nya ang shells scripts ng files na highlighted? Try to download ShellExView.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    how will i correct the problem using shellexview?

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    hindi mo pa din ba nare-resolve 'to, Liz?

5. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Kaya pa ba ng System Restore yan? Pwede mo siguro irestore dun sa last configuration na maganda ang takbo ng system mo.
    And maybe for future protection, pwede ka mag install ng "deep freeze" program next time.

I have other info (copied and pasted from Win XP Service Pack 3) taken which i think might help. Good luck.
    [SIZE=2]Understanding Data Execution Prevention[/SIZE]

Data Execution Prevention (DEP) helps prevent damage from viruses and other security threats that attack by running (executing) malicious code from memory locations that only Windows and other programs should use. This type of threat causes damage by taking over one or more memory locations in use by a program. Then it spreads and harms other programs, files, and even your e-mail contacts.
    Unlike a firewall or antivirus program, DEP does not help prevent harmful programs from being installed on your computer. Instead, it monitors your programs to determine if they use system memory safely. To do this, DEP software works alone or with compatible microprocessors to mark some memory locations as "non-executable". If a program tries to run code—malicious or not—from a protected location, DEP closes the program and notifies you.
    DEP can take advantage of software and hardware support. To use DEP, your computer must be running Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2) or later, or Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1 or later. DEP software alone helps protect against certain types of malicious code attacks but to take full advantage of the protection that DEP can offer, your processor must support "execution protection". This is a hardware-based technology designed to mark memory locations as non-executable. If your processor does not support hardware-based DEP, it's a good idea to upgrade to a processor that offers execution protection features.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    Virus. Reformat it.
    After all's said and done, i think you'll end up with this suggestion. Unless you have very valuable data na di mo ma-backup and some setup with sentimental values

But go ahead and follow first all the other suggestions, malay mo one of them might help...at least for a while. That is if you have time to burn and enjoy late night troubleshooting.

Install a good antivirus and a firewall, when you fixed your problem.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Liz View Post
    how will i correct the problem using shellexview?
    This is more of trial and error. First, you have to determine kung anong file types ba nagcaucause ng ganong problem. Or kung like sa case mo na 20 or more files, ano yung file type ng file kung san nakapoint yung mouse pointer mo at the time na nag right click ka. Then sa shellexview, didisable mo yung other programs or possible actions for that file type. What I suggest is disable mo muna lahat ng programs for that file type. Then try to highlight everything again and right click. If it still errors out, then sorry to say wala ng point e use ang shellexview kase pwedeng hindi lang sa shells ang problem. Pero kung di naman nagerror sa pagright click, then one by one e-enable mo ang programs. Tapos select all and right click again. Continue doing this until you find the culprit. After you find what is causing the problem to happen, then I guess you have to uninstall or reinstall that certain program. It's up to you.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    You can go on and on trying to fix it but in the end, reformatting it is the best way to fix it. Virus infects and destroys system files. Even if you get rid of the virus, you can't regenerate destroyed or corrupted system files. The system will then be buggy.

Imagine the time wasted on trying to fix it then eventually reformatting it anyway (which only takes 30mins on the average).

Been there, done that.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    ok na, bigla nlng pede na mag right click at lumalabas na ung property menu at d na ng sshutdown, tried all the suggestions dati pero hindi parin naayos, give up nako trying to fix it and leave it that way nlng tapos one day bigla pwede na. weird. hehe. tnx anyway.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    baka natakot kasi ire-reformat mo sya?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
whats seems to b the problem (laptop)