8 30.77%
  • Hard disk

7 26.92%
  • Modem

1 3.85%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Yung table ko. Nakaka 3 or 4 na computer na ko dito sa tinitirhan ko pero yung computer table yun pa din. And it has been my comp and study table since 1990!

Other than that, ang tumatagal sa akin in no particular order ay speakers, keyboard, at monitor. Hindi kasi ako halos naga-upgrade. Pag palitin na isang component, palit na lahat, tapos pinapamana ko na lang yung unit o kaya sina-salvage for parts. :pcwhack:

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    Yung table siguro yung oldest sa mga gamit ko sa PC. Alam ko 1996 pa yun e. High School pa ko nung mabili ko yun. Never replaced it kasi matibay naman ito.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Iomega Zip drive? I used to use these a lot but the technology has been overtaken by CD recordable technology as well as USB thumbdrives.
    That's it!!! The ZIP DRIVE! ;)

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Wala sa poll options yung oldest part ko. It's a Logitech MX1000 wireless laser mouse that I bought almost 3 year ago.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    My wife asked me again when I was going to throw away the "old pc" which is an old P3-733 with Mandriva Linux installed. It's been sitting unused under my desk.

That got me thinking..... It's the 2nd oldest component I have now which dates back from 1999.

The oldest is that old Hauppage WinTV PCI tv tuner (in my wife's pc) from 1998 which simply refuses to die and works beautifully in Vista (Basic).

Wife's pc in tv mode with the tv tuner. My Linux pc's under the desk:

Little change since the pic was taken except the lappy's in the master bedroom.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; February 19th, 2008 at 10:41 AM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mine are the speakers. my PC (from the CPU to the mouse) is around 8 months pa lang.

but i am using an altec lansing ATP3 speakers that i won in a raffle three years ago.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    My 17" CRT monitor. Had it repaired twice na.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Desks? All our furniture are custom-built. So, all of them are 5 years old. My desk in the den (pictured) disassembles into 6 main pieces. That was the only way it was able to fit through the door.

My wife's desk wasn't as easy. It's one piece and way too big to fit through the bedroom doors. So for now, it's stuck in the family room (where my main pc is).

Also...... An original MS Sidewinder 3D Pro from 1995. Among relatives, we have a total of 3. Then there's a MS Sidewinder Gamepad from 1996, a Gravis gamepad from 1994, A Diamond Monster 3D 3Dfx Voodoo from Christmas 1996. I might've already mentioned the very first Packard Bell 17" crt (shadowmask) monitor from late 1995. It has such a nice picture tube (unlike later Packard Bells) and displays vibrant images to this day. It's main shortcoming is a limit of 75hz at 1024x768.

Hard drives...... I've had only one hard drive die on me since 1995. That was a boxed WD Caviar 1.6gb ATA hard drive I bought in 1995 and lasted 7 years before finally crashing in 2002.

I just gave away several excess stuff: 2 Athlon XP 1700+ cpu with fans, extra junk leftover from pc's I assembled for friends such as modems, pci NIC and USB2 cards, cd/dvd rom drives, a couple each of Ensoniq/SB Live sound cards, a set of Labtec 4.1 speakers....
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; March 1st, 2008 at 10:39 PM.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I also still have an Amiga 1200 stored away in the basement of my uncle's house. It probably doesn't work anymore although it should still be in mint condition.

I almost can't remember what it looks like.
    From garpenholm.se:

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    nope I dont leave any part na ngaun inside na old. i learned this lesson the hard way. i wont elaborate basta bad trip.

kung sa panglabas naman like keyboards, speakers, palit na din pag palit buo. kasi pag may luma ka in plain eyes view, parang hindi 100% satisfaction ang brand new feeling -> best feeling in the world.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
What's the oldest part of your PC?