New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    I have a Dowell, Union, and Asahi fans that seemed to have a stucked up shaft. All are stand fans. We had them all repaired. But what the repair shop told us (if its true), is they replaced the starter capacitors.

The Dowell and Asahi suffered the same stuck shaft, while the Union had its front plastic plate, where its grill is fastened to, cracked. We threw the Union as junk as I can't find the plastic plate.

I decided to DIY the 2 other fans, so see if I can get them working. The Dowell seems to respond well to my repair action, while the Asahi, was a tougher one to fix, jammed up the following morning. Good thing I woke up that morning to stop it.

I had a close call with another stand fan, can't recall the brand, which wasn't spinning, maybe around 3am. I switched it off, but it responded with a spark & a partial burn! Buti lang na-agapan ko!

I still have a 3 Hanabishi industrial fans, 2 floor types and a stand fan. Still heathly so far.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Standard. Mine has been working for more than 15 years already. I had to retire it because the blades which were once pink are now white That's how durable it is! I bought the exact same model as replacement. Costs around P900 for the desk fan.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    yung union(nabili sa subic) namin more than 10years na buhay pa din pero yung ibang nabili sa mall dito wala pa 2yrs nasunog na motor..

standard hindi man lang inabot ng 1yr.. tatlo sabaysabay binili tapos halos sunodsunod nasira...

national, 14years bago bumigay...

ngayon yung isang KDK 3yrs na maayos pa naman..kaya napabili pa uli ng isa

4. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Follow-up on the stuck-up Asahi fan... It seems the "gearbox" that allows the fan to oscillate is the one causing the failure.

I opened up the gearbox. The gears seems ok. The grease however is pitch-black, so I thought it was dirty. There's still some remaining clean grease so I spread it to the shaft and interconnecting gears. The fan is running again for now, even at its lowest speed.

I'll do a major overhaul on that gearbox, when I buy some grease. During my biking days I use Petron's blue colored grease as my uncle-mechanic recommended it. Hmmmm....

5. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    yung sa bahay ng lola at lolo ko, union. hanggang ngayon gumagana. yung blade nya ay bakal pa.

more than 30s years na siguro yun.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Wala na yatang matibay na fan ngayon, kung hindi natuyuan ng langis, yung wind direction naman ang nasisira...

7. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    meron sa bahay ng lola, national... bakal yung blades, ayaw nang umikot... at saksakan ng ingay!

8. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    oldschool standard electric fan.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Guys... reminder lang... it's dangerous to use stuck up fans... kahit metal yun, they can start a fire (from bitter experience)...

Our 3D "Retro" fans are still going strong... getting on time to clean them... the oldest one is getting kind of slow... but they've lasted longer than our other non-industrial fans... because the motors are so much bigger than most puny plastic fans.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Iba ang design ng old school na electricfan

bushing na lang ginagamit ngayon sa shaft kaya hindi kasing tibay ng dati

mas matipid sa production side tsaka para mas malaki kita nila para bumili ka uli

Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
What's the most durable electric fan?/Electric Fans Talk