New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by WallyWest View Post
    I don't like banana-shaped blades as well. Already had 2 of those. Mahina talaga ang hangin at mas maingay.
    I also avoid industrial fans. Talo ka na sa kuryente, maingay pa.
    Yeah they have to rotate more to move the same amount of air.

Asahi is moving away from this. Its good to sew progress even if its on these primitive fans lol.

Sharp Malaysia doesnt offer these banana fan blades. Sharp Ph needs to update their products.

Sharp Stand Fan | SHARP Malaysia

2. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Malayo layu narin ang narating ng teknolohiya ng electric fan ng Pinas hehehe Asahi DC 6080 na inverter ang nabili ko sobrang baba ng wattage pag ginamit mo, 15 watts parang naka number 2 ang fan speed nya sa mga normal AC stand fan. Meron pa syang sensor sa fan blade cover, pag hinawakan ng mga bata kusa itong mamamatay hehehe

3. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    ^ Made in Japan ba Asahi brand na inverter type fan? Not sure kung Asahi is a local brand or an import brand.

I have an Union desk fan na almost 20 years na! Still runs and using it right now. I recalled back then i was a kid that we bought this fan used not brand new from an electric fan repair guy na malapit samin. That was back late 2003. The Union's plastic body was already deteriorated and brittle.

May Union fan din kami before that was older than the Union desk fan that I am using. That was a stand fan before and then the whole stand and body broke. It was my sister's electric fan for several years until she moved to her husband's home. The motor's housing was missing only left was the grill and the fan blade. Even the controls was missing too so the fan runs at full speed. The age of that fan (1990's era) was same as my age. Unfortunately that fan broke its motor when I was cleaning it and decided to sell the electric fan to a repair shop. umusok yung motor when I was testing it. Nag tampo ata

We also have cool air brand (same manufacturer ng union which is maclin) na fans na nakainstall sa masters bedroom and a newer Union fan installed at the sala upstairs. those are 8-9 years old. still going strong.

In my room has a black & decker that was given to me as a christmas gift by my cousin back in 2017. again gumagana parin. although my complains with that fan was slow fan speed even in number three it was like set in number two. That was resolved by bringing the electric fan in the repair shop by replacing its original capacitor with a new one and then it improved the fan speed in number 3 at the proper speed!

The newest in our electric fan fleet was a 3D stand fan with a manual knob timer. bought 2 years ago in SM appliance center. No issues and problems.

I have a Standard mini industrial fan as well. also given to me as a gift but it was not being used by several years as a result it was rusted the grille and the motor. Still the motor needs some TLC.

Meron din akong Mitsu Tech brand stand fan that I bought in 2015 at SM hypermarket. It was discounted at the time. It broke the oscillating mechanism after 3-4 years of use. I replaced it with a 3D stand fan that i mentioned earlier.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Quote Originally Posted by thearsenal1205 View Post
    ^ Made in Japan ba Asahi brand na inverter type fan? Not sure kung Asahi is a local brand or an import brand.

I have an Union desk fan na almost 20 years na! Still runs and using it right now.
    The newest in our electric fan fleet was a 3D stand fan with a manual knob timer. bought 2 years ago in SM appliance center. No issues and problems.

Meron din akong Mitsu Tech brand stand fan that I bought in 2015 at SM hypermarket. It was discounted at the time. It broke the oscillating mechanism after 3-4 years of use. I replaced it with a 3D stand fan that i mentioned earlier.
    Local brand ang Asahi appliances at locally manufactured fans nila pero may konting galing China.

Union naman locally manufactured at nageexport pa sa Middle East.

Wag na wag bibili ng unknown brand na sina-sale ng SM at linalagay sa harap ng stores or grocery nila. Disposable mga yun, naka 3 na kami at wala pang 1.5years bibigay na

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Papajamba View Post
    Local brand ang Asahi appliances at locally manufactured fans nila pero may konting galing China.

Union naman locally manufactured at nageexport pa sa Middle East.

Wag na wag bibili ng unknown brand na sina-sale ng SM at linalagay sa harap ng stores or grocery nila. Disposable mga yun, naka 3 na kami at wala pang 1.5years bibigay na

Wow! I thought it was Japan! I like Asahi, that's my fat lab's fan and it's super durable! Considering na mabilis madumihan dahil sa fur niya at gabi lang nasasarhan yun fan. Yung Standard pumangit na quality

6. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by thearsenal1205 View Post

I have an Union desk fan na almost 20 years na! Still runs and using it right now. I recalled back then i was a kid that we bought this fan used not brand new from.

Made in Phillipines ASAHI inverter hehehhe, naka number 5 speed fan ako (number 1 sa standard AC fan) 4.7 watts lang consumo magdamag matpid nga

7. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    ASAHI DC 6080 FAN SPEEDS AND WATTAGES CHART
    Oscillation OFF (Steady Head Fan)

1= 2.4 watts
    2= 2.6 watts
    3= 3.5 watts
    4= 3.6 watts
    5= 4.2 watts
    6= 4.8 watts
    7= 11.8 watts
    8= 13.5 watts
    9= 14.1 watts
    10= 15.5 watts
    11= 17.2 watts
    12= 18.8 watts
    13= 20.2 watts
    14= 21.5 watts
    15= 23.2 watts
    16= 24.8 watts

Oscillation ON just add 3 watts

8. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Yung makina ng Asahi made in Japan afaik.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    I am currently using a remote controlled Toshiba 16" DC inverter fan.

Ayoko rin ng mga malalaking industrial fan. Bukod sa maingay eh sobrang lakas pa ng hangin even at their lowest setting. Para nalulunod ang pakiramdam ko pag ganun. Hindi komportable, bukod pa sa mga health effects pag babad sa bentilador. Okay lang yung malakas siguro kapag bagong galing ka sa labas sa matinding sikat ng araw. Usually naman ma-satisfy na yun ng no. 3 setting on most electric fans. Pero yung lowest gusto ko parang slight breeze lang. Etong inverter fan ticks all or most of my requirements. Kapag mainit talaga naka-no. 10-15 lang ako out of 29. And it doesn't get too noisy until past 15 or 20. Then may choices ka rin ng presets na mahina lang talaga ang buga ng hangin. May wind effect pa para hindi steady na slow or fast.

About longevity, it remains to be seen as since November ko pa lang nagagamit ito. I bought mine around 4.5k if I remember right but I see it sa Toshiba website at less than 4k already.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Magkano ang projected savings kung inverter fan vs conventional one?

What's the most durable electric fan?/Electric Fans Talk