New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    can i install more than one antivirus in my PC?

delikado yun. in most cases, mas malala pa damage sa OS mo kesa sa virus itself. heheheh.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by radiazone View Post
    also i don't recommend pc-cellin (doubt penicilin) tama ba spelling ko? hindi mo na marun ung mga program mo after detecting and cleaning virus lalo na yung win32 na virus....
    My uncle has PC-Cillin. It detected some 22 trojans and virus in my uncle's pc (due to his nephews and nieces). It cleaned them all out. Some apps wouldn't run because they had been infected or were the cause of the infections and had been deleted. To me, that's the way it should be because I don't want any trace of the infection lingering. PC-Cillin didn't mess around with any of my uncle's apps which were all legit.

Personally, I use AVG on this pc which does a good enough job of detection and healing. I also use the firewall features of the Nvidia Forceware drivers as my main pc firewall.

My wife's pc uses Cox Cable's free security suite for all aspects of internet/pc security as does my daughter's pc. Both are set to auto-update at startup.

My daughter's Mini and iBook 800 doesn't connect to the internet at all. True, they're safe from the effects of pc malware. But, they can still act as a carrier. For now, she does her internet surfing with Mom at Mom's pc. I may grant internet access for my daughter with her Macs/pc later when she's more responsible with her surfing.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by j_avonni View Post
    I'm using Sophos - it's free, including the monthly updates. But our company is paying for it.
    Eto ang malupit.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    maraming ok na anti-virus software pero kung hindi tama ang settings mo, puwede pa rin talaga may maka-pasok na virus sa PC (heuristics, active scanning, auto-scan email, scan instant message, auto-update, etc.). Kung enable mo naman lahat ng features (like yung heuristic para maka-detect ng virus na wala sa library niya), babagal talaga ang PC mo unless you really have a powerful PC setup. pero syempre di natin maiwasan na pumasok yung mga bagong virus (di naman full-proof ang heuristic eh). so ingat lang sa sites, email at mga files na ilalagay sa PC ... and don't forget to update your virus library.

for the free anti-virus software, syempre wala kang makukuhang support dito pero marami naman diyan na ok talaga (AVG, MS Windows Defender, Kaspersky, etc.). Most big-time companies would still go for McAfee, Norton, Trend-Micro (yung mga hindi free) kasi they want support, guarantee and enterprise solutions.

if you want to know the top anti-virus software sa market, check out these sites:
    http://www.pcworld.com/article/124475-1/article.html
    http://anti-virus-software-review.toptenreviews.com/
    http://antivirus.about.com/cs/before.../aatpavwin.htm

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by j_avonni View Post
    I'm using Sophos - it's free, including the monthly updates. But our company is paying for it.
    Pa-copya! hehehe

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Internet hygiene ang pinakamahalaga. :D

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    I'm using zone alarm internet security. Okay naman and still aliva nd kicking pa rin ang laptop ko. I hate norton, masyadong bumabagal yung computer.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    downloading avast now.

i've received an email from grisoft informing me that they will stop support for their free version starting 2007.
    Sir, totoo po ba yan? Ang alam ko po kasi eh titigil na talaga ung support nila for the free and pro version of 7.1. Pero magcocontinue ito for their version 7.5. Which I'm using right now as free.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Avast and Zone Alarm just slowed down my system. Good programs but both are resource hogs.

AVG for me. * grisoft.com

reviews * download.com

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    clamwin is also good

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
what's a good anti-virus (free)?